Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default cannot connect to ABS with clone VCI

I got a Chinese clone diagnostic tool to be able to diagnose fault codes of my KIA Ceed.
    The board I got has a seperate PCB with the relays.
    Here is my board.
    IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG
    I installed wow and delphi. After connecting, it informed me that I should update the firmware so I dit it. The firmware that was installed by wow was 1423. After that I was able to connect with my car and start diagnosis.

The problem is that it cannot communicate with ABS on my 2008 KIA Ceed.
    I performs checks on all the other systems (including SRS), but on ABS wow reports: "Assemply does not respond"
    I tried on a second car (Hyundai Accent 2001) and it performed all checks successfully.
    I tried delphi after copying the firmware from wow folder to delphi. It was able to perform other checks but again it wasn't communicating with ABS. I also tried to update the firmware with 1430 but it didn't help.
    While it performs the ABS scanning, the relay is clicking, the led switches between blue and green for a longer time period, which probably means that it doesn't get any response from the car.

What should I check on my board and/or my car? I am able to unsolder/solder parts but I don't know what to check on the boards.
    I don't know how the scanner communicates with each system and what causing it to fail with ABS so I am not sure if this is a hardware, firmware, software issue or a problem with my car.

A few weeks ago the ABS light was on and that was the main reason I bought this board, so I would really like to find the issue and fix it. I visited a local garage, they replaced a part and they scanned and clear the fault code using a genuine tool with wow.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Maybe abs ecu is dead?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G390F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wbart View Post
    Maybe abs ecu is dead?

But the genuine tool was able to clear the fault codes on ABS a few weeks ago.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jorokop View Post
    But the genuine tool was able to clear the fault codes on ABS a few weeks ago.
    Test the abs fuses first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wbart View Post
    Test the abs fuses first

The fuses are fine. The ABS works fine. The ABS lamp lights up when I turn the key and turns off 3" later. According to the manual that's how it should work. It performs a self test and if everything is ok it turns off.
    I think my pcb is not the best board and I should make a few modifications but I don't know what exactly I should do. The relay board is v3 and the main board is v8. I would appreciate some help. Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

the problem is si941a chips are fake, mislabeled, they indeed are lm393 chips with other label on top
    circuit must be modified to a different scheme with the new lm393 chips
    TRY THIS AND TELL, dont forget to remove r750 and r745 at the right corner too
    242 is 2400ohm, 472 is 4700ohm, 512 is 5100ohm
    it's also possible not to replace genuine 102 resistors (1000ohm) with 242 resistors and so leaving 102 resistors untouched, but then install 5600ohm resistors instead of 4700ohm, and 6800ohm resistors instead of 5100ohm. Then you only need to install 4 resistors (and dont forget to remove r750 and r745 at the right corner too)
    Last edited by manocao; 19th February, 2018 at 09:36 AM.

China: OPEL Tech2 non-CAN multiplexer USB, OP-COM USB, OBDII Elm327 USB, VAG-COM 409.1/VCDS Lite 1.0 KKL USB

Homemade: UNISCAN Visa 1.83 RS-232, Renault XR25PC USB, BMW KKL USB, Nissan Consult1 USB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to manocao For This Useful Post:

Dunker (25th February, 2018)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manocao View Post
    the problem is si941a chips are fake, mislabeled, they indeed are lm393 chips with other label on top
    circuit must be modified to a different scheme with the new lm393 chips
    TRY THIS AND TELL, dont forget to remove r750 and r745 at the right corner too
    242 is 2400ohm, 472 is 4700ohm, 512 is 5100ohm
    it's also possible not to replace genuine 102 resistors (1000ohm) with 242 resistors and so leaving 102 resistors untouched, but then install 5600ohm resistors instead of 4700ohm, and 6800ohm resistors instead of 5100ohm. Then you only need to install 4 resistors (and dont forget to remove r750 and r745 at the right corner too)

hallo bro this can be done on V3.0 board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ali lbl View Post
    hallo bro this can be done on V3.0 board
    no, 3.0 circuit is ok, we modify 5.0 in order to make it work like 3.0

China: OPEL Tech2 non-CAN multiplexer USB, OP-COM USB, OBDII Elm327 USB, VAG-COM 409.1/VCDS Lite 1.0 KKL USB

Homemade: UNISCAN Visa 1.83 RS-232, Renault XR25PC USB, BMW KKL USB, Nissan Consult1 USB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to manocao For This Useful Post:

ali lbl (7th October, 2020)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manocao View Post
    no, 3.0 circuit is ok, we modify 5.0 in order to make it work like 3.0
    Bro do you recommend any modification for the board V3.0,THANKS
    delphi v3.0.jpg