My toys - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My toys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have xtool x100 pad 2 and it is very good. It help to program keys in mazda and chrysler all keys lost even when ECU is changed which i heard it cant be done by lonsdor k518ise.
    My friend has obdstar x300 pro3 and he sell it because he face many problems with ford cars (waits 10 min then nothing). Also toyota middle east H all keys lost cant be done.
    Obdstar is excellent in marketing and updates which most of times include features not working like the last update in volvo which i heard from internet that it doesnt work too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adelnooh For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (17th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts

As for the OBDSTAR X100 Pro ,I am still crying and regreting the 320USD i gave to buy this device.
    I do not Not recommend.!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ok, had to update a bit, and removed the unwriten keycutters part. If I get some new toys, they will be introduced here.

Oh, and some pics for fun:IMG_20180309_135138.jpgIMG_20180309_135439.jpg
    IMG_20180406_142751.jpgIMG_20180428_095832.jpgdream.jpg
    Last edited by PocketHero; 30th April, 2018 at 09:41 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adelnooh View Post
    I have xtool x100 pad 2 and it is very good. It help to program keys in mazda and chrysler all keys lost even when ECU is changed which i heard it cant be done by lonsdor k518ise.
    My friend has obdstar x300 pro3 and he sell it because he face many problems with ford cars (waits 10 min then nothing). Also toyota middle east H all keys lost cant be done.
    Obdstar is excellent in marketing and updates which most of times include features not working like the last update in volvo which i heard from internet that it doesnt work too.
    Hello, is there any details for the failure of Ford, volvo and the middle east H chip smart key(all keys lost)?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PocketHero View Post
    Hello guys!

We are running a small locksmith shop, and it makes me allways a lot of thinking about getting something or not, thats why I wrote this post.
    I will try to tell what kind of key programmers (and other hardware) I have, and what they are good for.
    I don't think that it will be better than others wrote about, but I have some experience using 'em
    Sorry for my bad English, but I never learned this language, just (mis)using...

Key programmers:
    - CK100 (V99.99)
    -SKP900 (V5.0) Updated
    - SBB2 (V2017)
    - FVDI
    - AVDI
    - Tango
    - SuperVAG
    - Lonsdor K518ISE + SK-LT (Newest available) Updated
    - Super VAG K-CAN 2
    (and lots of cheap tools like Op-Com, 4in1 (Ford, Mazda, Renault, Nissan), VAGcom etc. They were too cheap to not to buy, but I don't use them.)

Eprommers:
    - XProg-M 5.0 (chinese version)
    - Orange5
    - VVDI Prog 4.6.7 Updated
    - Rosfar 3000 v7.8s
    - TL866A
    - AK90+ 3.19 Updated

Key cloners:
    - ZedBull (Chinese version)
    - Handy Baby + JMD key Updated
    - RW4 Plus + M-box

Remote programmer:
    - KD900

If theres any kind of questions, I'll try to answer as far I can.

Let's see the details:
    - CK100:
    A must have. Ideal to use it with SKP900. Cheap enough to have one, and sometimes it does wonders. Nice and easy to use, has 1032 tokens when you get it. Cheap token refill, and charges in 50% no tokens. I've a pdf on my phone with the compatibility list, so I can allways check if it can do the car, or not. Sometimes it does the newest cars too, for example a 2016 Ford Flex with smart keys. I had to buy an old Daewoo converter to it, but that's all. Has some limited pin-code tools, but don't wait for wonders. There are no update functions, but who cares for this money
    You can get it from $70 with free shiping

- SKP900:
    Good tool. Ideal to use it with CK100. The 1st one, what come with special adaptors for Hyundai, Kia and Honda. Does remote programing too, what can come handy often. With compatibility list on my phone, I can always know when it is good for the wehicle. It is rumored, that there won't come out more updates after 5.0, but we will see. If you have to deal with expensive cars (Jags for example) it can do wonders when updated properly. It has a free token system, but you need from time-2-time to refill it via internet - thats the most irritating point of the tool. You can update it via PC program - it is very slow, but it is worth to wait. Better pin tool than the CK, but nothing extraordinary. You can get it from $320 with free shiping
    Update: It seems to be dead now - http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/648751-SKP900-Server-Down-Dead-no-more-Tokens
    I think I don't have to change my mind after this sad news, because we lost only the updates and the token system, this toy stays usable for 2-5 years - depends on the cars age what you have to deal. Its price will be lowered in a half year, or you can get it without tokens on ebay almost for free

- SBB2:
    A must have. I got it for last x-mas from me It is not so easy to use for the first look, but it has oddometer-correction tool, and can use .bin files or read directly from an eprommer. Has the same connector-collection as the SKP, is meant to be the next generation. It is said that it has all the function of the CK100, but I've found lots of diferences. Another advance is that it can read and delete trouble codes (DTCS), and clear oil change periods. This didn't work on a 2010 Kangoo II. It can be updated via internet, never tried, but it is said to be working. Better pin tool than the CK, but nothing extraordinary. Cheap enough for its knowledge, you can get it for $140 with free shiping.

- FVDI:
    Cheap solution for the poors. It is the chinese clone of Abrites, with limited abilities. If you want to buy it, then try to get an older one, because the new ones are the clones of a clone. I don't want to waste time on detailed description, it can help a lot or freezee without any marks or destroy the connected car's parts - but it is cheaper than cheap, you can get it from $100 with free shiping.

- AVDI:
    Professional tool for professionals (only). The best thing what you can have for programming and so on - for a lots of money. If you are a professional, you can't do your work without it: does a lots of cars via OBDII, what other tools can't (Benzs, Jag XK, various models of VAG group, aso). A class of its own. The prices are high enough to wait out the promotions (x-mas, aso). For the beginning buy only that module, what you mostly need, and buy the other modules when you can't avoid it. At the moment the Benz module is the best on the market what you can buy. Full package costs more, than $30.000, yearly subscription €200.

- Tango:
    Another must have. It is modular like AVDI or TMProII, with limited free functionality for each manufacturers. The whole BMW package is free, so you have to get it if you have to deal with Beemers. To be honest it has lots of weak points, but the documentation what is included makes it worth to pay for: pictures of the devices what you have to look for, sometimes with location and unmount pics; list of the transponders what you can use to the chosen task; the name of the chip what you have to deal with. Packages are from 50€, you get the activation code in e-mail very fast, but can depend on your dealer. So much from the good side, let's see the weak points: It comes often, that you can't open the .bin files for their name, just have to find out where the program accepts it. For example: Yaris as Corolla, Insignia as Camaro, Cordoba as Polo, Picanto as C'eed, aso. It gives some well-known problems: can't do anything with the RB8 controllers, aso. It is a bit uncommon, that it wants to be updated allways, but who cares, it goes fast enough via smart phone too.
    However: you have to buy this to be able to do your work, so take a deep breath, and pay: 1200€ for the basic sw+hw.

- SuperVAG:
    Czeh curse upon us. 1000€ without oddometer correction, only for the Volkswagen group. This sounds fine, but they promise 1 year free update - even in September - what lasts only till January. In many cases the program says, that the key programing is blocked, try again later - but no words about how long to wait. The pin tool works rhapsodic: some times great, some times clean time wasting. Another weak point is the RB4/8.
    The manufacturer said that the instrument cluster module is a good solution without soldering. My question is only "what is it good for - absolutly nothing"... The module says what to do, and when you follow the instructions, then it ends with an error message. You can try it many times, it won't deliver the needed result, as long you follow the popups. When (after several tries) you try to change, and press "no" instead "yes", then the things begin to change, and you could get the needed result. You could. Tried this module 3 diferent cars, then did the same work with soldering: the result shows that it is much more faster when you do it on the oldschool way.
    Another joke is the yearly €160 for updates. Better spend this money on Abrites, it is much more worth of it.

- Lonsdor:
    I can't really say if it is worth of its price, or not. I think I got a broken OBD-cable with the tablet, thats why it sometimes works, some times stops with connection error. Have to deal it with the seller, but thats another story. The tool is easy to use, has a lots of functions, in many places with screenshots how it should work. Not a cheap toy ($1400 with the Toyota pack), but I think it could be a good tool for the daily use (when you already bought it). Needs internet connection (at least once a week to check for updates) for some actions.
    To be honest I've spent a lot of times to test it for DK, and I think it promises a lot, but now it is too weak in knowledge for this money. But if you already have it, you can hope that they will work on updates harder as a rock.
    Update: It seems to be working now (at least with smart key cars). The making of a smart key for a '14 Dodge Charger was fast & easy: the only trick was that I had to chose Journey from the wehicle list. Pin reading and programing was done in 2 mins.
    '13 Jaguar XJ: smart key programing in 2 mins
    '14 Jaguar XK: chanceless (only Abritas knows this car today)
    '13 Megane III Ph2: no pin reading, asks for pin to be able to do programming.
    '11 Clio III Ph2 Grand Tour: Nothing. No communication.
    2 pcs Astra H: No pin; 4 pcs Astra G: No pin; and a Corsa C: no pin.
    '17 Mustang Shelby GT350: It was harder to get out the rubber pad from the cup holder, than the programing itself. Smart key added in 1 min.
    '04 Clio II Ph2 30 sec without pin
    '10 Megane III Ph1 RS under one minute with hands free cards
    '08 Dodge RAM 1500: it toke 5 mins to catch that it has to be programed as it were younger than 2012. With that setting under a minute with pin extraction.
    '07 E60 Beemer: The customer had a chinese folding key with 315 MHz and he paid for just the trying - we told him that it won't work - the only thing was that we had to re-activate the original keys. I think it can be done when you use the factory diamond 868 MHz keys.
    '13 Dodge Charger smart key OK
    '15 Ford Edge remote key OK, under 2 mins.
    '04 & '06 Megane II: under a minute, normal cards
    '15 Dodge Challenger: under 2 mins OK
    Won't work with the Transit Connect variants (small furgons), neither Custom, Passenger, Tourneo. Tried only 5 of 'em from 2006 to a 2016 Eco Flex - no communication, or connection lost after reading the VIN. You can try it as Focus and Fiesta too - the result will be the same. I've made the programming mostly with the SKP900.
    '15 Chrysler Town & Country under 30 secs with pin extraction
    '11 Ford Transit (Normal big one) under 2 mins with AKL solution
    Strange, but true: If you chose AKL @ Transit, then you can program only one key too, the difference is that the remote controller will be disabled, and the immo LED won't switch off, but you can start the car. Tested @ my mates transit, worked fine with only one key fine for 3 days, then was the second key added, because he hated to open the backdoor with two turns to open direction on the driver's door. When I added the second key, the remote began to work again (was added before teaching key).

I think it is a good tool if you have to deal with smart keys - if pin is needed and the Lonsdor can't deliver it I don't try again when i get the codes.

- Super VAG K-CAN 2:
    Just to solve the RB4 / RB8 problem by Audis. Cheap enough to save you in such situatinos. I got it 2 weeks ago, but had no possibility to try it. With free shiping only 70 bucks.

I don't know how others think about that situation when you can't read out the content of a chip, but I swear to myself that it won't happen again. That's why I have so much eprommers, just to avoid such situations.

- XProg-M:
    Good tool, but not necessary to have (or get a chinese one). It was the first one what I had, but you can find where it leaks sooner as you could think. It was and is a very good eprommer. Very good if you have to deal with Motorolas, but not so universal than the O5, or the VVDI Prog. If you buy the original one, it can be expansive: €2000 for the full set with all the sw authorization and connectors, but you can get the chinese clone of v5.5 from $50.
    Warning: The cheap version can cause troubles, because it is built from cheapest parts. Sometimes 0.01 V difference can cause expensive troubles

- Orange5:
    A must have
    . You can't avoid to get it if you want to do the car work seriously. Good for EEPROMs, MCUs, has a good Immo-content. This immo-part can be very helpful: in many cases you have only to solder some vires to the PCB, and you can read/write the needed content. Contains tons of pictures of immo-boxes, ECUs, and other PCBs; chip pinouts, and lots of useful informations. The basic kit costs only €350, I suggest to pay a bit more, and buy all the needed connectors with the basic kit: SOIC8 DIP8, SOIC8 14 soldering, SSOP8, Lead whith clips POMONA SOIC8 & DIP8, PQFP52 PQFP80, TMS374, 912 908 and 705E6 in-circuit leads, HC11ES and 05B6 WDT VW chip connectors (be getle with 'em, otherwise you have to buy a new one after 5-10 uses), ST62xx, 908AS60/AZ60 QFP64, all Motorola connectors. You will see how often do you use this connectors, and you can re-order the frequently needed ones.

- VVDI Prog:
    The best 2nd eprommer what you can get (for moderate price). Mostly used for Beemer and Benz in our shop. Not too expensive, but easy 2 use. I bought it when we had difficulties with a Beemer and the problem was solved in no time. Has good pictures for in-circuit-use, and needs less connectors as the O5 for the daily use. A bit uncommon look, but you can find everything if you look with open eyes Free updates and compatibility with all other X-Horse product. With free shiping costs $400, thanks to its origin no clones are available.
    Update: It f**kked away a '08 W169 A class's flash. Toke a lot of time to repair it. My dealer said that it can happen often @ Benzs. Maybe the only way to avoid data loss is to push the "Read ID" button first. If the identification is ok, then you have your chance (tested on a '11 W245 B class). Other mistake was made by a CAS4 reading of this eprommer. Can't tell ya more about this just readed about it.

- Rosfar
    To be honest never used this tool. I'm pretty sure, that it has its potential, but better don't spend money on this except you get it used around 50-100 bucks. Has no support, the original company went bankrupt, and the new owner does nothing, just sells the existing stuff for €1000. It was a good tool 10 years ago - but now it is overaged. I can't really tell why I bought it (because it was cheap and supports Beemer), but God only knows when it can come handy. Works with EWS1-4, CAS1-2.

- TL866A
    Cheap chinese toy, has 24 connectors. Bought it when I couldn't find a TTL connector to the exsisting ones, and my dealer was on holiday. I got it within a week, seems to be correct enough. Since its arrival I used to it only once to test it. The binaries were the same readed by TL & O5, so I put it back to its box, and not used anymore. As far I see it is a perfect hobby tool, costs only $40 with free shiping. When compared with X-Prog I would prefer the other eprommer, or buy both of 'em (only the cheap version!).

- AK90
    Too cheap to not to have it if you have to deal with old BMWs. Excellent EWS tool, makes everyone happy: the customer can get a cheap remote key, and you can make fast profit. Has plug-on-chip connectors, what are doing its work perfectly if you remove the protecting resin from the chip pins. Does all EWS protocols, but be cautious it can delete the 2D47J content.
    You can get it from $25 with free shiping.
    Update: Since a half year or so it gives the next generation of the tool called 'AK91(+)' around $400. Just don't spend your money on this, a lots of devices know the EWS 4.4 programing for a better price
    Another extension is the X-Prog, R270 and AK90 adapter for EWS 4.3 & 4.4. Needs no soldering, no on-chip-reading, you have only to fasten the PCB in it, and you can read and write the datas. The price is approx $35 with free shiping - I think it is worth to get it for hobbist and pros too

Key cloning is one of the most important part of our job. My policy is "better cloned as programed", because a cloned chip works for sure; while you can have lots of unexpected errors when you try to add a new key.

- ZedBull
    Good tool, but overaged. I have the cheap Chinese version, and have downloaded the EFfI sw to be able to use all functions of it. Cheapest way to clone, but has its own limits, whats are easy to reach with ID46 and 48 chips. Nothing to risk with its $20 price (mostly with free shiping), but don't take it too serious

- Handy Baby
    A must have! At the moment it is the best handheld cloner, what you can get. With the JMD key expansion it can save you with ease when you have to deal with VWs - even in AKL situations. It is not a wonder weapon, in practice it needs time for calculations (some times 45 mins), but in the meantime you can cut the key, aso. Never tried with G-chips, so I can just tell ya that it is said to be working. Has built-in batteries, and you can always charge it from your car - ideal tool to take with you. The special transponders are cheap enough to save you a lot of money compared to the RW4, and the main unit costs only $350, the JMD Key box around $250, and the G-chip authorization (if not included) $80, always with free shiping.
    Update: They stopd selling the JMDD, JMD6, JMD8 chips, instead of 'em you can buy Blue or Red King Chips. The blue one is for everything except ID48 for the usual price, the red is for ID48 much expesiver.
    Some news in the following threads:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...clone-mazda-ac
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...r-success-rate

- RW4 Plus
    For professionals
    (only). It is made by Silca, that means it is expensive. I bought it together with the M-Box (in a special promotion with 10 ID48 and 40 GTI chips), when my Handy Baby couldn't clone the key of a TT. It works with special devices called "snoop"s, one for ID46 and another (M-Snoop) for ID48. It needs internet connection for calculating a 48 transponder, can take 20 mins or more for the whole procedure. Works only with the expensive Silca transponder chips, so I try to avoid its usage if possible to save profit. Good point, that you can power it from your car or from AC, but its size is too big to take it always with you. Its price was (in special promotion) €2100, ask your locale dealer about promotions - otherwise it can be €3000 or more with ease.

In our profession you can't overcome the remote key fobs, so there comes the best solution what I could find for this...

- KD900
    Another must have
    . It can save your a$$ in the most important moments, so don't hesitate - innovate! With PC sw for that cars what are more difficult as the others it works fine, can save you a lots of money 'coz its remotes are cheaper than the originals, and are easy to code 'em for almost every car. Usually I don't have anything else for the VAG group, in rare cases I replace the KEYDI head with original Audi (for the logo) and the customer has a cheap Audi remote, we have our profit. This tool is good for everybody: the cheapest for own use, the 900 for pros.
    You can buy the KD stuffz from $25 (Phone version), the 900 costs $230 with free shiping. Remotes are available from $6.5/pcs

So much for now ... In the next post I will introduce some other tools what I met, keep on checking
    Today confirmed with Lonsdor, the engineer responses:
    1. '13 Megane III Ph2: no pin reading, asks for pin to be able to do programming.
    Because Type 2 is only suitable Clio after 2011 year, other models can't enter type 2.
    - Will soon update Megane, Fluence, Scenic, Latitude key programming need no 32-bit code and password. And 11 Clio key programming need no welding and need no password.

2. '04 Clio II Ph2 30 sec without pin
    - You can't enter the Type 2, only Clio after 2011 year can enter.

3. '07 E60 Beemer: The customer had a chinese folding key with 315 MHz and he paid for just the trying - we told him that it won't work - the only thing was that we had to re-activate the original keys. I think it can be done when you use the factory diamond 868 MHz keys.
    - K518 can't support EWS system

4. Won't work with the Transit Connect variants (small furgons), neither Custom, Passenger, Tourneo.
    - K518ISE doesn't support Ford MVP car so far.

5. Tried only 5 of 'em from 2006 to a 2016 Eco Flex - no communication, or connection lost after reading the VIN. You can try it as Focus and Fiesta too - the result will be the same. I've made the programming mostly with the SKP900.
    - This system should be the same as GM Buick Hideo, you could have a try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to crazylou2017 For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (23rd May, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

3. '07 E60 Beemer: K518 can't support EWS system
    It is CAS 3...

But however: really thanks a lot for this infos ;-)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PocketHero View Post
    It is CAS 3...

But however: really thanks a lot for this infos ;-)
    Yes, It should be working if you try to use the factory diamond 868MHZ key instead of the chinese 315MHZ key.
    You are welcome, it's my pleasure if I can help you.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PocketHero one question. Can SBB2 program the key for Audi A4 RB4 and RB8 table?
    Last edited by dimet; 29th June, 2018 at 08:31 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

"Official" info, never tested:

Sorry, this was the mileage correction list:

VAG vehicles…test ok:

Audi A4 2007 ok
    04 audi a4 rb4 OK.. Around 10min
    Audi q5 2011 ok wait 15 min
    Audi A4 RB4 2004 OK
    A3 2005, Fujitsu – OK
    04 audi a4 rb4 OK.. Around 10min
    Audi A4 2004 OK… ….
    Audi A4 2007 RB8 OK
    -audi s4 2008 is ok working
    -A3 2007 – OK
    -audi A4 …2013 perfect ….8 min.

Pin & keyprog:

-Audi a4 2006 rb8 dash diesel engine read pin from ecu Ok
    -2002 Jetta add key FAIL (vehicle not supported msg, cant even read pin code)

For this kind of jobs I would prefer Super VAG K-CAN 2

Last edited by PocketHero; 30th June, 2018 at 04:52 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Col19 (31st October, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I need for keys programing . For mileage correction i have digiprog 3.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Then $70-80 solves your RB4-RB8 problem

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Today's updates:

The TMPro2 part is writen, nothing else matters :P

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Stelaras26 (13th July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi from Hungary!
    I need help with 2014 Dodge Ram 1500,old RHF module and ignition switch are water damaged,new parts are arrived,but need pin to reprogram.Can you help,with vin to pin,or what tool is the best for pin decoding?

Thanks!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ok, everything fine: Abrites and Lonsdor is the answer.
    Last edited by PocketHero; 15th July, 2018 at 06:55 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Skoda Fabia 2012 Johnson Controls 95320 not key programmed
    Read dashboard correctly 5J0 920 801H
    Read saved eeprom ok.open file all 000000000000
    Obdstar x300 not connect
    Last edited by taxo1965; 28th July, 2018 at 08:41 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast