Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My toys

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I can't believe that this is the good thread for this question, but I think you did something wrong...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

baddaren (30th March, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hello brother,

Im looking to buy some tool that can renew TOYOTA Smart keys,

It seems that Tango PLus does the job nicely but I've stumbled upon another great tool MK3, ( seems it does reset other types smart keys too)

So my question is , what is the cheapest tool I can buy to get the job done?

Comparing above mentioned 2 nice tools, which one you recommend?

Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friends4eva View Post
    another great tool MK3
    Hello m8!

Jusk one q: what is that mk3? bcoz it isn't the full name of it. I can give you all infos what I know or can found only then, when I know what to lookin' 4...

The cheapest tool for Toyota key learning is the Toyota Smart Keymaker for nice $10.26 with free shiping, but it has limited abilities, so wouldn't trust that it can renew ur remotes.

Normally I would recommend VVDI Key Tool with the renew adapters, or something like it. If you wanna make money, then you have to invest into a tool that may be expensiver as you think for the first look, but when you can trust it and use it in a long term, then it would make you a good profit.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (4th September, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Ok mates, maybe somebody will get some advance from the following post.

This time I bought some nice cheap stuff to play with:

- UPA 1.3 Eprommer (Chinese version)
    - Renault Com Bluetooth adapter
    - Lexus/Toyota 4C/4D key programing adapter
    - MVP Key Programmer v16.9 (AD100)

MVP v16.9 / AD100 key programmer:
    How to waste electronic components... It was tested on many-many cars, but wasn't able to do 'em. The only exception was a 2006 VW Polo, where it could program a transponder. There are a lots of special connectors to it, but as far I see this is a clean waste of money. The CK100 is much more better, and costs less than the half of the AD100's price. You can get this crap for $125 with free shiping, but please don't waste your money on this.

UPA 1.3:
    A must have tool. If you look around in the forums, you will always meet with it, because it knows a lot, and is damn cheap. I think it is a must have, because there are many chips listed in its database, what you can not read with Orange5 or VVDI Prog. It is a bit tricky to install the 1.3 version, but if you look around here in DK you can find a solution easily. It has a better monitoring function as the usual ones (voltage, signal strength & everything else). I think it is easy to fall in love with it, if you can accept the missing extras: It won't tell you witch adapter to use like the O5 & VVDI does, but has such extras, what the others not: Oscilloscope function, live monitoring and so on. Works slower as the others, but the result is first class.
    The price is around $70 with free shiping, and I think it is cheap enough to get one just for emergency purposes too.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Alex200124 (14th February, 2022), Col19 (31st October, 2019), Meat-Head (4th September, 2018), rzone (15th September, 2018), Seby_TM (8th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheapest tool to write transponder on vw 2006 + ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Sorry for the late response, I tried to collect my knowledge about this simple but very complicated question...

I would say FVDI 2015 - 2018 models, because they have the biggest chance to do the task for the lowest price. The main problem is to avoid the usage of fly server, what frequently kills the FVDI boxes. It costs from $120 to $333 (depending on the type, 2015 is the cheapest) with free shiping as usual.
    I can swear that it won't do all the cars what you met, and I am pretty sure, that it will kill something sooner or later. You can look for alternatives, but there's no good alternative for the same price. The VAG group is the biggest un nowadays, so almost every programmer can do something, but nothing is good enough to could swear that it is a good alternative to FVDI, or it costs a lot more.

The SuperVAG could be an alternative, but you can't trust it, makes too many mistakes for a lot of money (€1000), and not even the CEO could answer my questions - when is it planed to work properly, or at least when will it do all the pre 2010 modells. Got no answer.

Someone told me, that the T300 is good for VAG vehicles, but I couldn't check it myself.

If we don't look at the material side, then Abrites is the best solution for the VAG group, or a mixture made from all the programmers what you have.
    In AKL situation we try first the Handy Baby snoop, you can hear if it can do the task or not. On the second place is the SuperVAG tried mostly without success. Then we try it with FVDI, and then all the other machines. If we have time to play around, then we begin with MVP and T300, while they are tried we can check the compatibilty lists of other machines (CK100, SBB2, SKP900, Lonsdor, etc) or continue the line with the RB4/8 programmer.
    When we have to hurry, then only a "fast" try with SuperVAG, then unmount and solder. This is the fastest way we could find to avoid time wasting. In this case you could use chinese eprommers (including the O5 clone) with Tango clone - maybe thats the cheapest what I could imagine.

I hope I could help you to make your choice
    Last edited by PocketHero; 26th September, 2018 at 01:12 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Col19 (31st October, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hello.
    Very good threat. Thanks.
    Can you help in any feedback on H108 PSA Obdstar?
    Mainly about key programming and pin reading.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello mates! I'm relly happy to read abou your toys. I also have some toys (but only chinese version), but I can work a little with them.
    I have :
    - BMW ICOM,
    - Op com 2012;
    - VCDS 182
    - VAG Can PRO;
    - Ak90+
    - FVDI 2015;
    - FNR 4 in 1 (it helps me very well on some Renault untill 2009 )
    - Kess & Ktag,
    - TL866 Mini Pro;
    - X Prog ( but I need help with this, I couldn't install it, I need the drivers, The chinese didn't helped me, didn't send me the drivers, and for the moment I can't use it)
    - Can CLIP v 178,
    - Wow Wurth.
    I'm working on keys repair, Ecu repair, headlights and dashboard modification, a little bit as I know. I wish I learn what else toys I ahve to buy. Many people send me the keys or cards from the whole country, and most of them, they want another key. I want to learn how to clone a key, or a card (for example for Renault).
    Last edited by fabianlm; 26th December, 2018 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to try "True code Smart Interface" from Key Programmers. It's a little expensive ( about 5000 $, the whole package), but I think it's working very fast, for key programming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, I want to buy the VAS 5054A, OKI full chip. What do you think about it ? The chinese promises it offers many possibilities for VAG vechicles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mate, I just got rid of my Autokey MVP (chinese clone) because it couldn't read the PIN out of Holden Jackaroo or Opel Trooper or Isuzu Trooper.
    So I just purchased an SBB2 in the hope that its PIN reading is better than the MVP?
    Any chance you have done work on the Isuzu Trooper with 4JX1 engine (1998-2004)?
    Do you know what tool will absolutely work for reading PIN and /or programming Immobilizer?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Hello m8!

The question is nonsense, coz if it'll be such machine, then this thread would be pointless.
    I think that the SBB won't fulfill your wiShes, but could be a beginning of a beautyfull friendship.
    If you don't want to risk too much, then buy a T300, other known alternative is FVDI. Just check the car list, before buying anything.

Br, PH

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PocketHero For This Useful Post:

Col19 (31st October, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

well done! spent a lot of time in writing. But when you read the text, you begin to understand that these tools are in your hands, or if you see in the description that they can be useful! Respect the author

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just to help. Just try key learning on clio 4 2015 no sucsse evento with pin bypass key ok available with Renault ecu tool.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bocaje For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (1st December, 2018)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hello I swedish locksmith. I am going to buy Orange5 afer reading your excelent review from different programmers. Do I need OEM orange5 or orginal orange5 ? Can you use cables from OEM (chinese clone) ? Greatfull for help. Jakob

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast