LANGE ROVER DISCOVERY4 NO IGNITION ON
Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default LANGE ROVER DISCOVERY4 NO IGNITION ON

HELLO,I heard that anything was ok with the car until it blows the turbo then after installing new turbos a technician was called to clear the faults but while clearing the faults with Launch x431 anything shut down, no ignition on when you press the start\stop button. checked all fuses they seem ok, diagnostics was not possible since there was no ignition on so i gave direct power to fuse 19 and i was able to diagnose some modules and i get no communication to the Body Control Unit in all the modules i diagnose, please help where to start from.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Check power to where it needs to be at the BCM and diagnostic lines are connected. If it has power and data and still no comms its going to be expensive. Explain to customer what you get when you buy shite. I would guess he is begining to figure this out already.

Knowing LR theres probably something built in that detects a non LR scan tool and its done it on purpose.
    V Series TMS470 / EEPROM data - encryption / decryption, totally pwned.

IEC 62056-21 - new discussion: sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=60412.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunker For This Useful Post:

spanaz1 (21st February, 2018)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

today i checked powers and communication lines, they are ok. does this mean i have to replace the BCM? owner dont care how much it will cost he just need his car back.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

did you removed battery for more than hour ?
    car have keyless entry ? or is normal blade key ?

LR dont check what tool you use to diagnose, launch good work with erasing error codes in LR/Jaguar

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

its Keyless entry system, if key is out of range it shows, SMARTKEY NOT FOUND ON DASH. but when i have it inside car nothing happen when i press start Stop button. Its a discovery 4 2010 diesel

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

so i think you have problem with bcm, sometimes this happends if you have flat battery
    if you try disconnecting battery for long time and not help then you must make diagnose with jlr sdd, or enable flashlights and try to connect with bcm by launch x431