Register
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default flashed ben-q drive

Hi peeps I hope this isnt a stupid question, some years ago I bought a chipped/flashed 360 an its been fine until a week ago, RROD ive tried all the fixes to no avail, now the dvd drive is a ben-q and I have been messing around with it and think I have flashed it, now if I was to buy a cheep second hand 360 can I just take out the dvd drive that comes with it and fit the ben-q one so I may play my backed up games or does the 360 have to be chipped/flashed as well ?? please be kind with your answers as I am a total newbee to all this flashing business
    thanks for any replies

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gpv62 View Post
    Hi peeps I hope this isnt a stupid question, some years ago I bought a chipped/flashed 360 an its been fine until a week ago, RROD ive tried all the fixes to no avail, now the dvd drive is a ben-q and I have been messing around with it and think I have flashed it, now if I was to buy a cheep second hand 360 can I just take out the dvd drive that comes with it and fit the ben-q one so I may play my backed up games or does the 360 have to be chipped/flashed as well ?? please be kind with your answers as I am a total newbee to all this flashing business
    thanks for any replies
    TBH no. Spoofing a mfr drive from 1 to another was frowned upon

Now, its a while back. Simple answer is

Want to use xbox live? Yes. Buy a replacement drive and have someone flash the fw for you
    Donw want to use live? No. Then try a spoof at your own risk

Id buy a replacement drive

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."