PLOT THICKENS OAP, 97, refuses to give up 6ft of her front garden to developer
Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default PLOT THICKENS OAP, 97, refuses to give up 6ft of her front garden to developer

A 97-year-old woman is standing firm against her local council and builders and refusing to sell a 6ft patch of land to developers, "even if they offer £100,000".

OAP Dolly Burton has been asked to give up two metres of her front garden so that plans to build 49 houses can go ahead.

"The way they wanted it, they'd take most of the garden and it would be awful if I had no front garden."

Councillor Paul Smith, cabinet member for housing, said she was "completely within her rights to refuse" the offer.

Mr Smith said: "She is a council tenant, it is council-owned land, but the rules are such that the council can't take away part of somebody's tenancy without their agreement.

"If we can't use that strip of garden then we'll have to work with the existing access."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/573128...-dolly-burton/
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (7th March, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

At 97 she can not live to spend it she has all the rights to say toss off…..

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (7th March, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

it'll just be a matter of time, they'll wait a few years, and the next tenant will have a garden which is 2m smaller - they know it as well, that's why they're not bothered about waiting. Good to see someone standing up like that though.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (8th March, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

If she planted some japanese knotweed in the garden by accident that would really F**k their money making scheme !
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (7th March, 2018), super jumbe (8th March, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ifred View Post
    If she planted some japanese knotweed in the garden by accident that would really F**k their money making scheme !
    Yeah, I'm in for that, your meant to Tweet somebody if you find it, don't know why.

nice to see her standing up, make it £1/2 million, then buy that new house, and knock it down.

ON/OFF TOPIC:-

dont nut know why government building 300,000 new houses after builders gone bust, ruining villages and towns.

csn only be because new houses, gain counicl tax money, water gas etc people.

ih shutting coal power stations, where do cinder blocks come from?

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

ifred (8th March, 2018), super jumbe (8th March, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Because she cares they may cut the tree next to the house....

Note:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

ifred (8th March, 2018), Meat-Head (9th March, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Yeah, I'm in for that, your meant to Tweet somebody if you find it, don't know why.

nice to see her standing up, make it £1/2 million, then buy that new house, and knock it down.

ON/OFF TOPIC:-

dont nut know why government building 300,000 new houses after builders gone bust, ruining villages and towns.

csn only be because new houses, gain counicl tax money, water gas etc people.

ih shutting coal power stations, where do cinder blocks come from?
    The government don't build new houses, they encourage builders to instead. Only thing is it's not in the builders interests to build too many. If they build enough houses to meet demand then prices won't continue to rise and the builders won't make more cash. So never in builders interests to build enough, so demand will always outstrip supply. On top of that the government won't be able to fool people into thinking they actually have money because of the higher cost of housing if prices didn't rise.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GastonJ For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (12th March, 2018), super jumbe (12th March, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts

I lived id Spain for years Watched them build houses no one wanted! Their boom was generated by cheap money borrowing, the people employed building the homes was the economic boomer who should of bought the houses only the developer all built speculatively without consideration of if it was the type of house,located where people wanted to live and that would sell! When the supply of wrong houses was too many and the economy turned down. plenty of unsold houses nobody to buy as the construction workers now out of a job are living with mum and dad (pensioners) In Spain if you want new bathroom they don't go to the shop they just strip one out of the plentiful unused house. So Question all these house we need how are they funded who can afford all the "Luxury houses" proposed where the jobs to pay the mortgages how many Baristas earn enough for the monthly payments? When the council have sold all the land that to the public of how will they fund theire "gold plated" pensions and pay for all the migrant brain surgeons??? Looks like Gran's got the sense here F**koff
    1st UN-Official Meat-Head Fan Club Member (banned )

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ifred For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (12th March, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

They are only gold plated pensions because Dave, the used greasy car salesman, Cameron said they were. Don't believe everything the government says, because 99% of it is pure lies and the other 1% is half truths and mirrors. Dave and his party started a race to the bottom with pensions, while making sure theirs were protected.