Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Email file problem

I have a problem with my ost file in Outlook. I can't open it, no errors, I only saw white screen, or nothing happens when I click to open it. Is there a method or solution to solve it? I am using Outlook 2016 on Win 10 x64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Not sure if this will help you at all, or maybe you have already tried it, but have a look here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-f...-files-outlook
    It may help you out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If this is still relevant -

ost is for your email offline cache file. It's created by Outlook and messages and other content is synced for offline use. The file can easily get corrupted. I believe Outlook has 50GB limit on the file - PA's and others with access to multiple Exchange mailboxes usually face this issue. As an offline cache you are OK to delete it when Outlook is closed. On next app start Outlook will recreate the file and sync the content from the server. Hope it helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No need to delete open control panel search for mail, click on profile, name it whatever and enter details set as default or as above just name the ost file .old and let outlook grab your emails again. You can find the location from mail on control panel and data files.