Default Audi A4 2009 kmchange

hello do you know how to do good job for this cars and what to use

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,605 Posts

Bay good tool and to do good job.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

x-tool can make this car ~40 min ... ecu via k-tag or avdi/fvdi

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts

This is an interesting question. I know, that odometer is stored in dashboard (of course), easy to change with right equipment. It is stored in ecu also. For petrol carīs just check with VCDS (measuring block ID 1923) on UDS. I believe all A4 8K has UDS ECU, because itīs immo 5, but iīm not sure. The most important is the odometer is stored in keyīs also. You can find it in eeprom of key read by key reader (first 4 bytes of second line). Just convert hex to dec. With right equipment, like VVDI you can virginize the key. You have to write new firmware and eeprom to key. Now you can edit odometer in eeprom dump of key, maybe set to 0 and relearn the key. This I tested succesfull. Key is working (remote and start the car). But now the final question is: What modul writes odometer to key? I think itīs bcm2, which is the immobilizer and comfort module in one unit. But does this module stores itīs own odometer or does it take odometer value via can from dashboard??? I have a car with 135xxx km. I set odometer of dashboard and ecu to 130000km, for testing only. I took used key, virginized, edit km to 0, relearned the key. Several times started the car. At the moment odometer in key is still 0. I think I have to drive the car some miles (kmīs in my case). Only problem, the car is not registered, no license plate at the moment. :-(

If someone has more info, please tell us.

Greets MR...

PS: In my opinion on this carīs changing odometer in dashboard ony is absolutly senseless. Next visit at audi dealer the keyreader tellīs the real mileage...