Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Boot reading of EDC15 with Galletto v54

So this is a quick guide on how to read in bootmode on EDC15P ECU's. I hope some of you can use this too, as there are only guides for this with MPPS.
    It appears however, that it's not possible to write the ECU in bootmode using this feature. I have at least not had any luck with it. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Step 1: Open the ECU
    I did this carefully with a screwdriver

Step 2: Locate the 29f400 chip
    This is where the flash is stored

Step 3: Fire up FGtech and go to Tools Boot Mode > Siemens-Infineon C167 > Bosch ME7 - 1 Micro - Flash 400 Boot Mode

Step 4: Connect the ECU like this without putting on power yet (On my pictures i have made an EDC15 to OBD adapter, but basically the same):
    VAG_EDC15P_P+.jpg

Step 5: Press Read ECU now follow the instructions (Put ground on pin 24 of the flash > Apply power > Remove ground after approx. 5 seconds)

All gone well Galletto 4 should now read the flash.
    I have attached some pictures for more detailed instruction.
    Hope this can help somebody!
    IMG_20180320_103054.jpg
    IMG_20180320_103106.jpg
    IMG_20180320_103543.jpg

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nps1994 For This Useful Post:

amaflo (26th March, 2018), Armagon (23rd December, 2020), Botos Leonardo (16th July, 2018), Col19 (13th November, 2019), eina (23rd September, 2018), fabrag (11th April, 2018), KevinXTR (21st March, 2018), maxdzz (5th September, 2018), onejay10 (1st May, 2019), Shakeelbhugeloo (11th April, 2018), toms4 (7th September, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice info, thank you

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Hi. That's okay. But galleto sometimes doesn't do a good checksum. So it's better to count yourself in the modified file.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

No need to read in boot mode.
    Obd reading is identical to boot mode reading at this ecu. Flash I have 29f400.Mpps is perfect for tis ecu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
    No need to read in boot mode.
    Obd reading is identical to boot mode reading at this ecu. Flash I have 29f400.Mpps is perfect for tis ecu.
    do you mean to read in obd mode but directly from the pins on the ecu ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a special procedure for writting to the ecu ? i'm trying to rite following the same procedure but it won't work.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Galleto has this to you when you try to read in boot mode. This can sometimes damage the program. Even though you were only reading it. So we only use boot mode when something happens to the program and we do not normally communicate with the Mpps driver, it can get it back on its feet. Count the checksum, apply 1kOhm to pin 28 and ground. Set Mpps to recovery. And upload it and the driver should connect and work normally.