Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Corsa D Z13DTJ looking for compatible ECU replacement

I have Opel Corsa D Z13DTJ with damaged ECU - water got inside causing serious damage - MPC processor is dead, no communication - I managed to read EPROM on table.

The version of this ECU is 6o3.s7 HW03A 3432-S870 S4400 Z13DTJ 119g

Then I found another ECU with the same HW numer, but from Z13DTH (I have Z13DTJ). So I loaded Eprom to this new ECU and ECU started to communicate with the car. Engine cranks but doesn't start. I have 4 faults in ECU:

P1602, P0001, P0095, P0638

So - first one is related to software/hardware differences, second - fuel amount-controlling solenoid, third related to inlet air temperature (possibly other type of mass sensor) and fourth - control of electronic throtle (maybe my car doesn't have it).

The "New" ECU has M58BW016 flash, "Old" ECU has Spansion flash.

Few questions:

1. Is there any ECU software version based on M58BW016 flash that is "compatible" with my ECU based on Spansion flash, so I could load it to my "new" ECU and get the engine started?
    2. Is it software difference between BCM and ECU giving me this fault P1602? Or is it difference between software version indicated in MPC and EPROM inside ECU?
    3. I attach original file from this "New" ECU - can someone please make it Virgin? I would try to load it and see if the fault is gone..
    4. Another one - can I load backup dedicated for M58BW016 flash to Spansion flash and other way around?

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gomegarules For This Useful Post:

br.balazs (26th February, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well.. I found sw that I loaded to my ECU and it worked. Now I have only fault related to lambda sensor and P2146 - Capacitor Voltage 1 Low.. So the same when usually ECU gives when it's faulty.. But this time ECU is clean,dry, no signs of water ingress.. I measured FETs and all of them seem to be ok.. So I measured injectors and got 0,1-0,2 Ohm on each (when cables only give 0,1 Ohm) - so it looks like my injectors are burned?

Can anyone confirm correct resistance for this injectors?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

The values i found are 0,3 - 0,6 ohms
    You must have 12 V on one connector.
    The measure is made by current(Amp) signal,impulse of 15-20 A (Scope)
    Last edited by synkrotronic; 23rd March, 2018 at 10:05 PM.