Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Default 2010 BMW E92 Coupe

This has been lying for months with a dead battery and all keys lost.

I picked the lock, but it just turned. Both ways - the barrel must have collapsed internally.

I wedged the window and got a hook on the door handle - it operated, but wouldn't open the door.

I managed to get a hook on the bonnet catch and got the bonnet open. I got power into the battery and got the hazard lights to flash using the switch.

Pushing the lock switch does nothing. Operating the window switches does nothing.

I presume all of these don't work because it is locked?

There is no boot lock. I've had the boot switch out, but can't see anything.

So, with access to the underbonnet area, is there any way that I can unlock it? Is there an impact sensor that pops the locks in the event of a bump? Can it be fooled?

I've already looked into sourcing door glass and rear quarter glass, but I'd much rather not break it.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

If lock is damaged, just drill it or pull cylinder with force and open car with screwdriver. I think that used lock isn't expensive. At end rekey cylinder with key code from cas and job done.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Thank you. I thought of that route after I posted, but fundamentally, there's no no damage way?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

If all key lost and you can't give ignition on - i think there is no way to do it without damage. I don't remember costruction of door lock cylinder in E90, but in old E46 you could pull plastic cover of lock and with drill loosen the bolt which hold door lock.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

It looks the same as the E46/53/82 type.