Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Default Toyota Passo Key? Whats it look like?

This is a new Smart Card for a Toyota Passo. It doesnt come with the emergency key blade though, does anyone know what the key blade looks like for this key? Tried cutting a simple TOY47 Key to door but the ignition switch key appears to be something completely different, any ideas and more importantly a picture of the key if possible please? Have also tried programming this in with the TCODE but it wont even communicate with the vehicle, anyone know what tool I can use to put this card in to this car? Its just a prox card, no slot or anything in dash, thanks alot
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Passo use suzuki blade.
    Smart card id 4c.
    Cars can open with remote grabber.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koncimobil View Post
    Passo use suzuki blade.
    Smart card id 4c.
    Cars can open with remote grabber.

Which Suzuki Blade do they use for ignition mate? Got a pic or number? Its not using a Suzuki key for the door thats for sure which doesnt make sense why they would use 2 different keys?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

here you go

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

this car is actually daihatsu sirion, guess the key blade must be daihatsu

6. The Following User Says Thank You to felix17popa For This Useful Post:

muzzz (12th April, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Find immo box under right of steering you will find a 93C66 chip inside read it and post dump also read the remote and post the 4C key data from it.
    Even if you cut key and it works in door it still will not turn into ignition unless the remote is program.
    I will try to help you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felix17popa View Post
    here you go
    Perfect, thats what I was looking for, thanks buddy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shitad View Post
    Even if you cut key and it works in door it still will not turn into ignition unless the remote is program.
    Yeh thats the problem I am having. I have programmed a 4c chip to the immo and taped it to antenna around ignition and pulled the electrical switch off the back of ignition and car starts with a screwdriver no problem now but you cant turn ignition switch when its back together. If the ignition key is just a plain metal key without any transponder (which as seen above i now know it is) then why is there an antenna around the ignition switch? How can i program the smart card? Unfortunately I dont have the original 4c chip from the card

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtmech View Post
    Yeh thats the problem I am having. I have programmed a 4c chip to the immo and taped it to antenna around ignition and pulled the electrical switch off the back of ignition and car starts with a screwdriver no problem now but you cant turn ignition switch when its back together. If the ignition key is just a plain metal key without any transponder (which as seen above i now know it is) then why is there an antenna around the ignition switch? How can i program the smart card? Unfortunately I dont have the original 4c chip from the card

I usually make my own key 4C key and forget about the remote, look at the Original 4C key and the Chinese one I always use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I usually make my own key 4C key and forget about the remote, look at the Original 4C key and the Chinese one I always use
    but how do you get the ignition to turn without the smart card? I dont need the smart card at all? The ignition switch is strange on this car, it doesnt appear to have many wafers in it at all. I have cut a metal blank (same as the door) and cut the sides off it and it still wont work, heres a pic of the ignition in case we are talking about a different type

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtmech View Post
    but how do you get the ignition to turn without the smart card? I dont need the smart card at all? The ignition switch is strange on this car, it doesnt appear to have many wafers in it at all. I have cut a metal blank (same as the door) and cut the sides off it and it still wont work, heres a pic of the ignition in case we are talking about a different type

I made note of this before in another post here.

One the ignition cylinder there are 2 different switch, one closer to the ignition Key entry point and another further down for the Twist knob.
    Once you put a key with the right chip into the ignition here is what happen step by step

1) The key when inserted into the ignition switch must first close the curcuit on the upper chime switch.
    You will hear the chime if the door is open, if you dont hear it then you MUST check it with a Ohm meter to ensure that it is working. If the chime switch is BAD you MUST bridge the circuit to trick the computer to think the mechanical key is alway into the ignition.

2) Once the upper chime switch is activated the Immo box now send the signal to the antenna looking for the Transponder chip and once it see the correct chip it will UNLOCK the ignition cylinder by sending power to a solonoid at the back of the ignition cylinder housing.

3) Every time that you either insert the correct key into or near the antenna ( with the chime switch activated ) you will hear a "TUCK" that is the sound of the solonoid as it unlock the ignition cylinder.

4) As far as the Keyless remote goes, once it enters the car it will autmatically unlock the same solonoid mention above so that the knob can turn

5) The second chime switch is activated whenever you depress the Twist Knob and is used to tell the immo ecu that you are have depress the ignition knob so if it senses the keyless remote then enable start.

6) All the keyless remotes that I have seen so far for this system HAS a 4C transponder inside it every single one.
    If yours is not reading as a 4C try reading it at different angle if not then the remote is no good.

7) You can treat the keyless remote like a regular key that you can hold close to the antenna the insert any mechanical key into the ignition that will trigger the chime and start the car, A uncut ignition key can be used.
    This I do all the time and it works 100% every time.

Finally I am still trying to find out how to program the Keyless Remote but no luck yet. I am told it can only work with a NEW immo Box or a Vigin dump on the immo box so I will test this theory on my next job because I now know how to make immo box VIRGIN.

Hope this helps my friend.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shitad For This Useful Post:

abvayani (2nd June, 2014), kyawkyaw (2nd May, 2017), PocketHero (26th September, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Without the key blade you can rotate the igniton switch.
    Needed transponders located near the ignition switch hole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Yes thats a very big help thank you mate, so I dont need to use the smart card at all, taping the transponder chip to the ignition antenna and using a standard key should get this problem sorted. Thanks again, your a legend!

I made note of this before in another post here.

One the ignition cylinder there are 2 different switch, one closer to the ignition Key entry point and another further down for the Twist knob.
    Once you put a key with the right chip into the ignition here is what happen step by step

1) The key when inserted into the ignition switch must first close the curcuit on the upper chime switch.
    You will hear the chime if the door is open, if you dont hear it then you MUST check it with a Ohm meter to ensure that it is working. If the chime switch is BAD you MUST bridge the circuit to trick the computer to think the mechanical key is alway into the ignition.

2) Once the upper chime switch is activated the Immo box now send the signal to the antenna looking for the Transponder chip and once it see the correct chip it will UNLOCK the ignition cylinder by sending power to a solonoid at the back of the ignition cylinder housing.

3) Every time that you either insert the correct key into or near the antenna ( with the chime switch activated ) you will hear a "TUCK" that is the sound of the solonoid as it unlock the ignition cylinder.

4) As far as the Keyless remote goes, once it enters the car it will autmatically unlock the same solonoid mention above so that the knob can turn

5) The second chime switch is activated whenever you depress the Twist Knob and is used to tell the immo ecu that you are have depress the ignition knob so if it senses the keyless remote then enable start.

6) All the keyless remotes that I have seen so far for this system HAS a 4C transponder inside it every single one.
    If yours is not reading as a 4C try reading it at different angle if not then the remote is no good.

7) You can treat the keyless remote like a regular key that you can hold close to the antenna the insert any mechanical key into the ignition that will trigger the chime and start the car, A uncut ignition key can be used.
    This I do all the time and it works 100% every time.

Finally I am still trying to find out how to program the Keyless Remote but no luck yet. I am told it can only work with a NEW immo Box or a Vigin dump on the immo box so I will test this theory on my next job because I now know how to make immo box VIRGIN.

Hope this helps my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

how to reprogram this remote key pls help me thnx
    never lost anythink only change ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by technobox View Post
    how to reprogram this remote key pls help me thnx
    thats a very good question mate, these toyota smart keys give me a headache, i hate them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast