Register
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default HSFI 2.1 debricking

Had one customer with an Astra G Z16XEP with HSFI 2.4 ecu , the ecu got wet with cooling agent which finally corroded the pins in M connector so decided is best to clone it into another ecu .
    First read and write eeprom with carprog ,all went well ,the new HSFI 2.1 get the pin from corroded HSFI 2.4 ,then read and write flash with Galetto 1260 (done this a few times on other ecu's ,no problems) ,writing was done but after that the HSFI 2.1 is no longer recognised by carprog or galetto ,the older HSFI 2.4 is recognised , so I guess the ecu is bricked .
    Carprog says connection error and galetto shows just a few lines instead of ecu data .
    Is there a cheap solution to revive back HSFI 2.1 or I am at the mercy of someone having MDI /Tech2 ?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,643 Posts

Sorry to tell you this... but...
    Get another ECU, write the EEprom with the dump from original ECU. The car should start.
    Make update with GlobalTIS and some passthru device (you must to enter the exact VIN of the car) - job done!
    If you don't have GlobalTIS, tell your customer to go to local dealer of OPEL...
    NO PASSWORDS FOR ANYONE, EXCEPT THE RECIPIENT OF THE FILE !!!
    If your PM box is full, clean it right now...
    Otherwise, your requested file will be deleted... for ever!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobolin4o For This Useful Post:

drewdom (16th April, 2018), TR0UBLESH00TER (17th April, 2018)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

You can't replace hsfi2.4 with hsfi2.1.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cristi_bv For This Useful Post:

TR0UBLESH00TER (17th April, 2018)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Agree with both but how to revive back HSFI 2.1 after writing with HSFI2.4 flash and eeprom ?Nor carprog and gal1260 dont recognize it .I need HSFI 2.1 for other future repair

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Only Tech 2 or MDI SPS easy help you recover HFSI 2.1 after unsuccessful programming.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to motor25 For This Useful Post:

TR0UBLESH00TER (17th April, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello, i've made the exactly same mistake. Hopping that i can put a 5liter content into a 3liter bottle, i have flashed a hsfi 2.4 dump into a hsfi 2.1. same wake up error as you got! Nor kess, nor mpps, nor galletto, nor abrites could rebring it alive! I've heard that i/o terminal could unbrick it, but i have no access to such a toy. Could you manage to succeed in reflashing with MDI to the original hsfi 2.1 state?
    So, btw, for the future... i will share a bit of my tryings:
    You cannot write a dump from z16yng hsfi 2.6 into a z16xe hsfi 2.5( i mean... you can write it, but the car will not start, becouse of getting write error after flashing the dump).
    also, you cannot turn y16xe hsfi 2.0 into hsfi 2.1 ( my problem was that i couldn't extract the flash content from hsfi 2.0, eeprom dump was simply to do ) if you don't put the flash dump, too on it.
    you cannot turn z16xep hsfi 2.4 into hsfi 2.1, for the sake of knowledge i have bricked 2 of them by testing the writing: once with kess, second time with mpps. Both of the tryings ended with a writting error message and a wake up error. Now the 2 hsfi 2.1 are in bootloader state. I will try to revive them with mdi, when i will have the chance. Maybe somebody has a boot method for accessing the flash on the table for this delco types?
    All the best, and keep trying new stuff!
    Last edited by volo69; 23rd April, 2018 at 07:42 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to volo69 For This Useful Post:

cristi5075 (6th December, 2020)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Untill now no success yet (mpps ,carprog,gal 1250) , someone tell me that the reason for no communication could be the fact that HSFI 2.4 has CAN lines (but HSFI 2.1 don t has ) which also could even not been connected to the output K connector so it may be necessary to open ECU and phisically connect to those lines .
    Hope these days to get access to MDI/Tech2 ,so work in progress for now ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nope, i have found on astra g 2007 an hsfi 2.4 ecu that is comm by k-line.U ntill now, i thought 2.4 is working on can, but... it isn't! The ecu had a problem on the injectors' driver that commands the injectors' mosfets. could not solve the problem, since the hybrid have not smd components. so, i've tried to clone the files onto a hsfi 2.1, which i had at that moment. z16xep hsfi 2.4 are hard to find, being so rarely... the 2.4 had the k-line comm by kwp2000... i had to try cloning, hoping that will work... That is why i could read it by klime and write it's file on hsfi 2.1. So, i supppse only hsfi 2.2 is with CAN, or, maybe, hsfi 2.4 has 2 variant of comm. Please, let me know if it worked unbricking with mdi. I am having this 2 z16xe ecuus bricked... thanks
    Technically, the sps could rewrite the correct files on it. I have galletto v54, mppsv18, kess v2.31 and abrites 2014. No comm on these two bricks. The mil lamp is flashing rapidely, as the ecu seems to be in bootloader, awaitimg to be written. I suppose that the xep jas other lines inside the hex file that are needed to be indexed on the flash. If the architecture of the 2.1 and 2.4 is defferent, cloning with wrong files can result to what we are having now. The correct flash will make them right. I did that with a z18xe simtec 71.1 by desolderimg the memory and writting the correct dump om it, then soldering it back. It worked. But on hibrid ecuus, if we don't have the correct tool to boot them, we can use the bricks to hold the door!��
    Last edited by volo69; 23rd April, 2018 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nope, i have found on astra g 2007 an hsfi 2.4 ecu that is comm by k-line.U ntill now, i thought 2.4 is working on can, but... it isn't! The ecu had a problem on the injectors' driver that commands the injectors' mosfets. could not solve the problem, since the hybrid have not smd components. so, i've tried to clone the files onto a hsfi 2.1, which i had at that moment. z16xep hsfi 2.4 are hard to find, being rarely... That is why i could write it's file on hsfi 2.1. So, i supppse only hsfi 2.2 is with CAN, or hsfi 2.4 has 2 variant of comm. Please, let me know if it worked unbricking with mdi.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

A friend with fvdi promised me today that he can write back HSFI2.1 ... until then can please someone if I can directly use an HSFI 2.4 complete start kit (ECU ,key,immobox) with same alfacode (DZKR) but the OEM number is different (old 12992436 new 12249831 ) .
    Above all ,my 8.21 carprog begin to show "No device attached " ,changed 3 usb cables ,2 laptops , am I out of luck ?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volo69 View Post
    The mil lamp is flashing rapidely, as the ecu seems to be in bootloader, awaitimg to be written.
    In Fact the ECU is not in boot mode, awaitimg to be written... it is in normal mode.
    When you power it, it boot, check the flash content, sees, that is not ok and resets itself... and again, and again...
    I have one metronome here too...
    NO PASSWORDS FOR ANYONE, EXCEPT THE RECIPIENT OF THE FILE !!!
    If your PM box is full, clean it right now...
    Otherwise, your requested file will be deleted... for ever!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobolin4o For This Useful Post:

cubica1 (5th May, 2018), drewdom (4th May, 2018), Stelaras26 (29th November, 2021)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I have opel vectre from ecu HSFI 2.2 if I can change to a different type 2.5 or other ?
    Last edited by wieslov; 4th May, 2018 at 07:17 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wieslov View Post
    I have opel vectre from ecu HSFI 2.2 if I can change to a different type 2.5 or other ?
    NO You can not!!!
    Knowledge is to share... so if I have helped just press [Thank You + Rep.]...

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Hsfi 2.2 comms on CAN. Hsfi 2.5 comms on k-line(eg. Opel Meriva). Two different platforms. You can modify hsfi 2.5 to work as an hsfi 2.1 but hsfi 2.2 is another type. You just can't make it work!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to volorucinski For This Useful Post:

ceron1977 (12th September, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Hi, carprog 8.21 can work with hsfi 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 eeprom dumps. Tested.On some platforms of hsfi, the eeproms can be read/ written, but the flash cannot be reflashed with nothing. Unbricking with carprog or fvdi can be made if, by eg.: your eeprom dump writting stops before it reaches at 100%. Then, you just start writting again with carprog or fvdi and solve the bricked ecu.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to volorucinski For This Useful Post:

ceron1977 (12th September, 2018), cristi5075 (6th December, 2020), doncalo (7th March, 2020), Krownex (13th September, 2018)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast