Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Astra H 2004 1.7 cdti donor CIM Reset

Hi all. I have looked through this forum and some other info on google yet im still stuck. To cut a long story short..

In morning i turn the ignition key, panel lights up, one light goes off and you can start the car no problem. If you turn ignition off and repeat process, car always starts no problem. If you let car off for a couple of minutes, panel lights up, but light stays on and you turn key, and nothing happens. After a couple of times turning and waiting, it will eventually start again. Sometimes it can take up to a few hours to restart. I was told it was the CIM. So i read alot and have a friend that has opcom. We checked car with opcom and indeed there was an error with cim. Read a little more and saw that you needed car pin to reset CIM. My wife and looked all over but couldnt find the card. So I ordered a carprog and managed to read the code no problem and it indeed works. So I started looking around for a used CIM. Found one online with exact same oem numbers but from a petrol model. Asked if it had been reset to which I was told yes. Met the guy 150 km from my house in a parking lot, payed it and came home to try and install donor CIM. Unfortunetlly it has not been reset. Guy wont answer any emails. So now im stuck with a used CIM that has not been "divorced". so my question is, is it possible to find or reset pin of donor CIM? I have read, that you can change just the 93C76 eeprom and it should work. True or false? Or maybe just ordering a virgin 93C76 eeprom??? Would Tech2 be able to reset this CIM? Or is there another way of achieving this? I have not reset my original CIM or reset ECU as I wanted to keep my old one intact in case something went wrong with donor one.

If post is in wrong section please move it to correct forum section.
    If you have read till here....then thank you for your time.
    Any help would be appreciated guys.
    Last edited by Johanas; 19th April, 2018 at 10:37 PM.