do keys work with this box?
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default do keys work with this box?

i'm getting a new motor fiited on my system next week and also getting a second cable from lnb to a second room so i will need a second hd reciever,i have a galaxy innovations s2235 plus hd box which was commonly used in spain and can connect to the internet but i want to know if it has hidden menus like the technomate that will allow me to enter current keys for use at 4.8e and 9e etc ? has anyone on the forum have knowledge of this box?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

seems like plenty have viewed the thread so i'm taking the lack of replies means not much knowledge of these boxes,can anyone reccomend a second box just to use as if fixed dish that i can add the keys or will i just have to buy another technomate?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

I dont really keep up with the Closed source receivers anymore but i know Technomate do not support any of there receivers now at all, Even though they are still one of the best and easiest to flash/patch for Softcams and keys.

You could look at the new Octagon receivers the SX88 and the SX8, they do have patched firmwares available that will allow softcams to be used and have the latest tuners for DVB-S2X amd Multistream transponders. Apart from that i dont know anything about them or how easy they are to use etc..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

footycard steve (26th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i can pick up a tm 5300 D+ but i would need to install the firmware etc my self and its been years since i did that with my old tm 1500 ci+ and that was with rs 232 lead and box loader etc never with a usb stick if thats the way it is done now? would keys work without updating firmware?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to footycard steve For This Useful Post:

digicon (26th April, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

You need to Patch the receiver with the relevant firmware before it will work and to do that on that model requires as you rightly say an RS232 lead with the loader software, as that model has no USB.

You may be lucky and the receiver is already patched

8. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

footycard steve (26th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    You need to Patch the receiver with the relevant firmware before it will work and to do that on that model requires as you rightly say an RS232 lead with the loader software, as that model has no USB.

You may be lucky and the receiver is already patched
    just as well i checked i almost just bought it,i might as well buy another tm 5402 hd .