need to learn how to add firmware to tm5402 hd
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default need to learn how to add firmware to tm5402 hd

i'm currently using tm5402 hd with my motorised system but the box came with the firmware/software installed for me and all i have had to do is update the various keys with the remote,i have a second reciever coming this week but its as factory so is there an up to date step by step guide on how to download and add the software/firmware to the new reciever (tm5402 hd)? just a quick other point i had to re-scan 4.8e yesterday 12419 etc and i did not get bftv2 did anyone else lose that channel over the weekend?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Dependant on which version of 5402HD you purchased Mark1,2,3 etc.. then all the latest and last patches can be found in the download section: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...p?do=cat&id=13

Basically download the patch from that section unzip it place onto a USB stick insert into 5402HD and goto the USB menu on the receiver and flash from there.

Always a good idea to do a factory reset once flashed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

footycard steve (29th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i dont know if bftv2 has been pulled or i just lost it when i had to do the transponder scan yesterday but i just checked to see if i could get todays football and the channel is missing i think its cisco4 so if i try a channel list from the downloads might that still have the channel? it will also give me a dummy run at dowloading and updating reciever,i have winrar and a usb stick is that all i need?

just had a look in the downloads all channel lists seem to be 28e any links to a list for sats including 4.8e, i have also noticed a sat at 1.9 east but its not on my list of sats should i be able to get a signal in north east england if so how do i add a new sat to list?
    Last edited by footycard steve; 29th April, 2018 at 12:28 PM. Reason: more info

5. The Following User Says Thank You to footycard steve For This Useful Post:

digicon (29th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

box has arrived today could really do with some help on updating software/firmware i downloaded the patch yesterday and i think i have the file on desktop but not sure what i need to do and what part winrar is used for.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Red stickie section at the top of this site: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...our-Technomate