small home network help
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default small home network help

hi iv got a bt homehub 5 (router 1)
    in it i have dvr and a hdmi network sender and a lead from lan to a router in workshop in to lan port (router 2)
    in router 2 i have 1 computer via ethernet and one hdmi network receiver but when i try to get on the wifi on the router 2 it says i have no internet but the computer thats plug in to router 2 has internet any one shed some light on this

was thinking of doing router 1 to network switch to wifi access point

any advice welcome
    and thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

ok mine is not the same but might steer u in a direction , mine go like this :
    internet provider pluged in to wan port of firts router , wifi settings is done and dhcp is setup all working , from router 1 ( ip 192.168.0.1 )i have a lan cable that go into a second wifi router in a difrent spot , wifi settings match router 1 100% ssid and password (so wifi devices just connect no need for second password ect...) but router 2 (192.18.10.1)DHCP is Disabled u dont want router 2 handing out IP addresses that is the job of router 1 , . plug router 1 in pc and do settings and remove it then plug router 2 in pc and do setting and connect the whole system and report back , and google a bit

btw u plug router 1 lan cable into router 2 any port NOT into the wan port
    Ask a dumb question and become wise for the rest of your life, but act wise and stay dumb