Register

Thread: Cas3+ Downgrade

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Default Cas3+ Downgrade

I'm trying to sort this all keys lost CAS3 + Version 9389118.

UIF tells me it was upgraded in 2016.

How can I determine which version to downgrade it to using Winkfp?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

You CAN NOT downgrade CAS with Winkfp even using expert mode. NOT POSSIBLE for obvious reason.

You can only flash with the same ZUSB or Update.

There is 100s threads about How to do and what is required to make AKL for BMW E series.

You can believe me CAS++ is not yours bigest problem.

I recommend you search little bit first mate.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts

Make backup of EEP and Flash with programmer then go ahead with downgrade.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qwojtus View Post
    You CAN NOT downgrade CAS with Winkfp even using expert mode. NOT POSSIBLE for obvious reason.

You can only flash with the same ZUSB or Update.

There is 100s threads about How to do and what is required to make AKL for BMW E series.

You can believe me CAS++ is not yours bigest problem.

I recommend you search little bit first mate.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsd101 View Post
    all this talk about risk and fancy tools for cas downgrade is very crazy.

simply use winkfp, read uif history and flash original matching zbnr hw version or the zb from before the upgrade, they will all be in the log file.

dont bother with backups, ive killed 20 different cas+ modules by simply fogetting to check or uncheck uif write after data/programming. some modules like it, some dont.
    if you brick it, play with options and flash again, use decent cable like (bimmergeeks which has proper firmware) and decent charger, certainly 70 amps is overkill.

cas module should be flashed with ignition off all together.

if you cant find version number to match HW, find latest kmm_ATSH file and use it. i dont want to paste 500k lines here

its a basic and procedure and absolutely not necessary to use any aftermaket tools.
    I'd say these are two vastly contradicting posts here on DK. I really start to wonder which one of those is true, but I currently don't have a car to play with.
    I'd like to see a screencapture of WinKFP denying the downgrade or WinKFP actually downgrading before I believe any of those statements :-)

By the way @pepi, what reason would you have to downgrade after you have read the EEP? (Other than to see if you can use WinKFP but I refuse to believe that WinKFP will actually brick the CAS)