Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Megane III 2011 wrong odometer indication from used ABS ECU

Hello to everyone!

First of all if you think i'm discussing something illegal please fell free to close immediately this thread.

Today I'm ask you a help because i've a problem with my Renault Megane 3 2011 Sportour GTline 1.4 TCe, which i need to change the odometer KMs.

I had for the second time in 1,5 year to replace the ABS pump/ECU. First time bring new from Renault (you immage the cost)
    Now to replace this a second time and save money my mechanic installed a used one... Result now i've dispalyed 181529 km on my odometer instead of 78300.
    Now my mechanic has contacted Reanult, they tried via ODB with orignal renault tester without any success.
    Surfing the web i noticed that your forum look had experience with this.
    Now i'm asking you if you can provide any hint from your experience, in order to have this situation solved.

Actually we do not have tester software like Spok or Xtool, looking around for availability... There are any second option for it?
    Thank you in advance for any helps or feedback you may provide.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    405 Posts

hello you must take the abs and the dash and read eeprom and publish

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Hi like above ,you need to dump the data of dash and abs but it's better to try contact someone that have the tools to handle this .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

You had to bring ABS to someone who can read and change mileage in eeprom before you installed it in car. Now you need to change mileage in both ABS and dashboard