How to SSH to DM800SE
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default How to SSH to DM800SE

Hi there,

I've been trying to SSH into a Dm800SE Clone using Terminal as well as Cyberduck on a Mac but it doesnt recognise the password when I enter it even though I know it to be correct as I am able to FTP using Cyberduck with the same credentials. Apparently I need to SSH so I can run a command uname -a which should provide details of the DM800se specification. I'm reading online that I may need to Telnet or something like that first to login with a password and then to create a password and to try again with Terminal, but I read that late last night and by that time I just gave up. I'll try again later this evening but if anyone can explain a sure process so I can get run this command that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

check /var/log/messages for error msg
    is dropdear service run with root access disabled?
    My Equipments:
    1) Dreambox DM800HD (DVB-C) Sim 2.01 #84b, DM520HD
    2) Streambox C1, D1, A8PLUS
    3) Amiko Mini HD
    4) ZGEMMA-STAR H2, LC
    5) Openbox V8 Golden, Angel
    6) MECOOL KIII PRO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sorry m8, I’m not quite sure what it is you’re referring too when you say check /var/log/messages for error messages, do you mean in Cyberduck or Terminal?

What is dropdear service? I’m trying to do this for the first time you see. I’m not in front of the box right now but will be later.

If you could just explain a bit more the app your referring too.

Thanks again.