Ford Fiesta 58 Plate help
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ford Fiesta 58 Plate help

Ive got a 58 plate fiesta zetec 1.4 it has started to give me problems this week. Every morning when i go to work i start the engine it starts first time the rev counter goes up then the revs drop to about 700 rpm then the engine cuts out. This also happens when i leave work so its a cold start problem. If i keep the revs up for a minute from cold start it starts to run fine and the revs at idle level out between 900/1000 rmp. I have searched online for answers and have only come up with its either the idle control valve (which i cant confirm as to weather or not this model actually has), or split breather hose or to clear the KAM memory. I have had the elm device plugged in and no faults were shown. I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts before I go pulling parts off at the weekend. Thanks

edit: also would a professional diagnostic device show any errors as apposed to an elm with forscan etc
    Last edited by madhatter; 24th May, 2018 at 07:05 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

More expensive gear might show you more in regards to live data. If you have the mil on the code is set, so your elm will read it. Have you done a visual check of the pcv pipes? These are very common.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not as yet just wanted some advice before I go taking it apart. What do you mean by - If you have the mil on the code is set, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Not as yet just wanted some advice before I go taking it apart. What do you mean by - If you have the mil on the code is set, thanks

Den means if the engine management light is on theee is a fault code stored and your reader would be able to read it
    PS3= krazylegz120282

please read the rules >>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f5/forum-rules-2/

if you're new to forums and want to make your first post please read here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ul-tips-30279/

if you like what people say please use the reputation or thanks button, dont just make a post to say thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh no there is no engine management light on it only passed it’s not last week only fault it had was a blown bulb. This problem just seems to have came from nowhere. Gonna try have a look at it tomorrow check pcv pipes etc as suggested

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

You dont need to strip it or remove anything to check pcv pipes, just a good light. Oh and Forscan is one of the better scan tools, i use it all the time.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Check the battery m8. Seen this problem a few times.