Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default KM Blocker - BMW, Audi's, Vag, Mercedes

Hi,

I'm looking to install the km stopper (can filter) on my BMW 3 series, i was just wondering after the removal stage of the (stopper) will i need to run a diagnostic and remove all mileage error's? I guess they will be loads built up trying to communicate as this will be blocking them out? If so what is the best diagnostic easy to use for bmw, audi's, vag group and Mercedes to remove the error's if this is the case. I've seen the launch pad tablet will this be good for all makes to solve the error's?

Thanks
    Last edited by MediaTecManc; 25th May, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MediaTecManc View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking to install the km stopper (can filter) on my BMW 3 series, i was just wondering after the removal stage of the (stopper) will i need to run a diagnostic and remove all mileage error's? I guess they will be loads built up trying to communicate as this will be blocking them out? If so what is the best diagnostic easy to use for bmw, audi's, vag group and Mercedes to remove the error's if this is the case. I've seen the launch pad the handle tablet will this be good for all makes to solve the error's?

Thanks
    Mb star. BMW icom. Odis or vcds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Don't forget to hit thanks button

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javyb For This Useful Post:

GameTheoryOptimal (24th May, 2018), MediaTecManc (25th May, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

last time I tried, there was no error in any module about/because this blocker. I guess every stopper/vehicle react differently tho.
    once removed, you'll have to correct service memory.
    and like mentioned before MB star/Xentry for mercedes, ISTA-D for bmw, and ODIS for vag.
    if you want to use generic scan tool, you'll have generic result imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I’ll have a look at these ����

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What vehicle & year didn’t it have no errors on? Friend of mine had one fitted on a 67 plate bmw and when he had it removed the person who fitted it, used launch diagnostic to remove the errors built up. Is there a video on how to correction the service memory & remove any errors built up for mileage? Can I just run a diagnostic scan to find and correct these errors & memory?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

2015 bmw X5 with diesel engine.
    had normal fault code about problem with vehicle, not at all related with blocker.
    I just erase dtc and correct services.
    I guess a generic scan tool can make most of this, but like I said before, with generic result (not sure you'll erase dtc in EVERY module, not sure it will correct EVERY parameter in service history)
    regards