Claiming TV as business expense?
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Claiming TV as business expense?

Hi,

I run a small electronics repair business, and in our reception we have a cable TV box available to customers who want to wait for repairs. It's currently costing an extra £20-ish a month on top of internet (bundle with Sky). I was wondering if I could claim the TV as a business expense. I am aware I can claim the internet as an expense (both of which are paid in the companies name not my own) but not sure about the phone & tv, and was wondering if someone here could point me to the right place. I've looked at sites like this tax calculator to find out how much I'd save but can't work it out. I want to make the business as "lean" as possible and be spending as little as necessary until we have better funding (getting there). Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

You should ask your accountant - be careful though, you may need a commercial sub to display to waiting customers.