Cable Scan
Register

Thread: Cable Scan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cable Scan

My netid has recently change the frequency to 378250 which presents me with a new challenge.
    I am running Black Hole 3 on a DM800. This image only allows for three digits in the Frequency field in the Manual Scan menu and you cannot set the Frequency scan size (khz) to 00250 in Tuner setup menu.
    Which gets around the problem on other images.

Q1 Does manual scan pick up its parameters from a file which could be edited?

Fortunately cable scan still works but it takes ages to chug through all the frequencies before it finds any channels.

Q2 Does cable scan get its frequencies from a file, which could be edited to mine at the beginning of the list or does it generate them via code.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Don't know about BH but most E2 images not using AB or ABM would get their frequencies from the satellites.xml or cables.xml file

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Don't know about BH but most E2 images not using AB or ABM would get their frequencies from the satellites.xml or cables.xml file

Thanks, since posting this, I have found and changed my local frequency in the UK cables.xml file that ABM uses and now ABM works fine.
    I am still interested to know why an image should only allow for the first 3 digits of a frequency to be entered.