Renault COM interface
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Renault COM interface

Hi.
    I bought a Renault COM interface because I suspected I have some problems with my car and I wanted to know how serious they are. It is a clone hardware from China. It came with Superscan software. I installed it but it is old version. It works anyway. I wanted to check DPF filter if it is clogged and how often it regenerates because I felt it is too often regenerating every 300-400km running on highway. If I was running these kilometeres in the city would be normal but in highway doesn't seem normal to me. After I tried to disable hill start assist and it appeared an error on board. Don't know if it is just coincidence or Renault COM has something to do with it.

I got error P0638- throttle body actuator performance.

I delete this error but after short while it reappears. Strange part is that after I delete error and I run my car at full throttle I had a problem with engine power. It seems I lost turbine that low power I got. After turning off engine and restarting it seems engine runs ok but I have error present on board. I wonder if this interface gives same error as Renault CLIP because I suspect clip would lead me closer to my problem.

My car:
    Renault Clio IV 1.5 dci 75hp

I tried to calibrate throttle by pressing full throttle with ignition on , then off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clau8829; 11th July, 2018 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remembered something which would be useful in detecting problem. After I disabled hill start assist after few days I had an error on dashboard. Don't remember which error but it said I don't have correct angle in power steering or something like that. I calibrated steering wheel and everything was ok. Don't remember after this incident it started to appear my error with p0638. I haven't removed throttle body, cleaned it or something like this. I will check again if steering wheel is correctly set. I found a possible explanation on google :

Power Steering Pressure (PSP) Switch Signal Malfunction The PCM counts the number of times vehicle speed transitions from 0 to a calibratable speed. After a calibratable number of speed transitions the PCM expects that the PSP input should have changed. This DTC is set if the transition is not detected. Vehicle towed with engine running Power steering hydraulic concern was repaired but DTC was not erased PSP switch/shorting bar damaged SIG RTN circuit open PSP circuit open or shorted to SIGRTN PCM damaged Check, if possible, if vehicle was towed or power steering service was performed. Observe PSP V PID while checking wires for intermittents.
    Last edited by clau8829; 13th July, 2018 at 07:31 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts

Hi,
    What i can tell you is that Renault Com is not very reliable and can send wrong commands on ECUs! One thing i can do if you send me VIN by P.M. is have a look at common faults. CLIP or performing tool could help us much better.
    Greetings,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Louislesinge For This Useful Post:

clau8829 (15th July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Renault COM can send bad commands to ecu does this mean that ecu firmware is modified ? Or just sends bad commands, ecu thinks is bad command and nothing happens. I'm asking because I read ecu with Kess v2 through OBD port after I got this P0638 error.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts

Hi,
    Many times i saw problems with exhaust flaps jamming on those engines, there could be a mistake between the two parts on your diagnostic tool...
    Another common problem is a short-circuit on the electric beam where the wires are all together on the starter motor: the big + connector (from battery) is not enough hidden and hurts the other little wires: some of them could be plugged to the throttle and this way permanently connected to + . Beam must be open to see.
    Can't somebody else check your ECU?
    Greetings,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Louislesinge For This Useful Post:

clau8829 (17th July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I checked connectors from engine compartiment but nothing seemed wrong. All wires were looking good without being broken or scratched. I noticed Renault COM interface shows 2 values for pedal potentiometer. It showed 0,36 and 0,72 while engine was stopped. I thought to try to press accelerator pedal to see if these values change and both increased while I was flooring pedal ( one was twice the other value ). I erased errors again with Renault COM. Following day I had a 90 kilometers trip and while I was going nothing happened and everything seemed normal. I left car to rest few hours. When I started car to get back my dashboard light was on with same P0638 error.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

It is perfectly normal for track 2 of throttle pedal to be double size of track 1, why not re-enable hill start and see if fault goes away ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shadow12 For This Useful Post:

clau8829 (1st August, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I re-enabled it and it works almost the same way like before. I discovered my problem comes either from rear brakes pistons or from from parking brake because pushing brake and releasing right away doesn't unlock wheels completely. I will go to a mecanic for this problem.

I am still struggling with P0638 error. I logged some items with renault com and it seems some sensors aren't working. Maybe this is the source for my problems ? Can you have a look and see if this is normal ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Hello friend,is posible dpf satured...you controler presure air sensor dpf.Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello friend pls renault com software dowland links,?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Hello, this link from mhhauto by stelaras

https://mega.nz/#!AHoEyIQC!vK_nguc1ZGH5pC4nddd0CKVArrR_D43UeWlI4Qe liAM

regards