Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default w447 vito doesnt start after crash

EDIT...........UPDATE.............
    ok after investigation, i found that under the driver seat in front of the battery there is a fuse module (a4475404326) if you open this module you will find the pyro fuse (n000 000 006 984) unfortunately this is not sold seperately so you would need to purchase the complete fuse box. but this is the fuse that blows in a crash preventing the vehicle to start and you can test the fuse with a simple continuity test so i hope its of help to someone because i could not find info of this anywhere.

..............ORIGINAL POST.....................................
    hey guys, iv got a 2016 vito that doesnt start after been involved in a accident. both airbags deployed etc.
    when i try to start from the van battery i get nothing but if i use an external power source i,e, a booster then itll start and drive.
    im under the impression that the pyro fuse is probably blown but i cant find the location of this around the battery nor can i find any information regarding this online. cant even find a part number as mercedes parts havnt even ever heard of a pyro fuse?!
    anyone have any experience with this van or could help me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    Last edited by sol-1; 30th July, 2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: update

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

The last merc i did, the fuse was on the battery terminal +. Had to strip the plastic back to find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yep usually covered in a plastic boxey thing on the battery like you mention but there is nothing on this one