Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

Default FVDI 2018 pcb pictures vs. 2014 pcb

Hello, here are some pictures of the new FVDI 2018 pcb with new pcb layout and integrated softdog parts (near red/black battery wires)
    it also has a new SOB#214 chip near the 1050 CAN transceiver (for switching different termination resistors ??) instead of the old ADG1204YRUZ and a MAXQ1850 for the softdog.
    this is the cloned version of FVDIOBD, i have some troubles connecting to the CAN bus (often no connection or time-out problem with long readings - who knows which parts are specific for the CAN communication besides the 1050 CAN transceiver ?

pictures 1 , 3 and 4 are from the new FVDI2018 (pcb STICFVDIV1) and pictures 2 and 5 are from the old FVDI2014 (flyavdiV3.pcb )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yellowstilo; 14th July, 2018 at 12:37 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

Col19 (28th October, 2019), drfiat (27th July, 2018), elvago (21st September, 2018), mexanico1971 (27th July, 2018), PocketHero (15th July, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

Hi,

CAN-BUS IC's are the following parts: U13:ADG1406BRUZ, U10 & U11 ADG1404YRUZ, U8 : TJA1050A and U12 : AU5790D single wire CAN-BUS.
    Pls replace these parts and your fvdi working again.

Regards, G

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gopelhu For This Useful Post:

mexanico1971 (27th July, 2018), miha99 (16th July, 2018), PocketHero (15th July, 2018), yellowstilo (14th July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

hi are you sure thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

FVDIOBD now sells original FVDI 2018 with new v3 software/loader - they still claim it can't be locked..... i installed their FVDI2018 (clone ??) with the new v3 software/loader , it connects to the Fly server , shows the remaining days (very short) , then it connects with the tool which says 0 days remaining for the newer software versions but it connects ok.....
    time will tell if they are right.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

mexanico1971 (27th July, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gopelhu View Post
    Hi,

CAN-BUS IC's are the following parts: U13:ADG1406BRUZ, U10 & U11 ADG1404YRUZ, U8 : TJA1050A and U12 : AU5790D single wire CAN-BUS.
    Pls replace these parts and your fvdi working again.

Regards, G
    Hello Gopelhu , i changed all mentioned parts + 2 mosfet relays K7 + K11 for obd line 6 + 14 but i'm still struggling with the canbus connection of my FVDI2018 - in most cases i can't connect directly with Fiat V5.1 or v5.7 , but when i first open Renault v5.2 , then close it and then reconnect to Fiat v5.1 or v5.7 is does connect ok in most cases....
    i'm not sure if this is hardware- or software related, any ideas ?
    thank you for your great contribution regarding AVDI/FVDI research....
    Last edited by yellowstilo; 25th July, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

well i did some more testing regarding the Fiat canbus connection problems and i think it is not the starting and closing of the Renault software first which triggers the Fiat can bus communication to work but it seems it is the extra time used for opening and closing the Renault software which makes the difference ……
    i just tried several times taking much more time to start up my laptop (Dell D630 with XP) - let it settle, startup FVDI software, connect to server, choose Fiat v5.7 , take more time to let the laptop handle everything in the background and with some extra patience the FVDI2018 connects directly to the Fiat canbus…..
    I wish i knew this before i exchanged all parts on the pcb but i'm glad i have pinpointed the cause of the non-working canbus connection….
    it might help others with the same problems….

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

elvago (21st September, 2018), mexanico1971 (6th October, 2018), pagoda1968 (22nd December, 2018), Talleresmalaga (12th November, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstilo View Post
    well i did some more testing regarding the Fiat canbus connection problems and i think it is not the starting and closing of the Renault software first which triggers the Fiat can bus communication to work but it seems it is the extra time used for opening and closing the Renault software which makes the difference ……
    i just tried several times taking much more time to start up my laptop (Dell D630 with XP) - let it settle, startup FVDI software, connect to server, choose Fiat v5.7 , take more time to let the laptop handle everything in the background and with some extra patience the FVDI2018 connects directly to the Fiat canbus…..
    I wish i knew this before i exchanged all parts on the pcb but i'm glad i have pinpointed the cause of the non-working canbus connection….
    it might help others with the same problems….

I think is a Software problem that you have or some driver !
    try windows 7 ultimate !
    I only have Fly FVDI a some time , but I have some trouble at first because the drivers !

Brs
    My work is my life ART TECH GARAGE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mexanico1971 For This Useful Post:

yellowstilo (27th July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

hi have changed all parts no solution my fvdi v2016 can not work with can hs protocol but only with ms can,ls can and kline best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstilo View Post
    FVDIOBD now sells original FVDI 2018 with new v3 software/loader - they still claim it can't be locked..... i installed their FVDI2018 (clone ??) with the new v3 software/loader , it connects to the Fly server , shows the remaining days (very short) , then it connects with the tool which says 0 days remaining for the newer software versions but it connects ok.....
    time will tell if they are right.....
    hello friend, please be careful, I bought the same machine fvdi2018 in version v.2 and updated to v.3 was blocked.
    please if you are so kind could you send me a dump.bin reading to be able to relive my fvdi2018?
    me to read the chip lpc1788 use flashit_nxp.
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ponents/page13
    thanks to the information published by elmacht, to load your lpc1788.bin and the LED lights turn on and the drivers are installed, but my software fvdi2018 gives calibration error and error 5
    I'm sure yellowstilo that with your reading lpc1788.bin help me to relive this paperweight.
    thanks

15. The Following User Says Thank You to elvago For This Useful Post:

mexanico1971 (6th October, 2018)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

hi . i buy fvdi 2018 at is very bad than 2014.......... of fly