Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Question fiat stilo ecu iaw 5n.t9 c146 d032 difference

hi, I'm a quiet reader, but maybe someone can help me anyway. What is the difference between iaw 5nf.t9 c146 and iaw 5nf.t9 d032?
    I tested both in the car. Both work, but with the d032 I can not activate the cruise control lamp in the instrument cluster.
    Hence my question: What is the difference between iaw 5nf.t9 c146 and iaw 5nf.t9 d032?
    thanks in advance...
    Last edited by drfiat; 22nd July, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

D032 is the newer version of the IAW5NFT1/T9 ecu but it still should be possible to activate the cruise control - did you try to erase the vehicle configuration option in the adjustments menu of MultiEcuScan ? (or any other tester with this option)
    I think there is also an option in MES to activate the CC control lamp......

3. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

drfiat (22nd July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstilo View Post
    ...did you try to erase the vehicle configuration option in the adjustments menu of MultiEcuScan ? (or any other tester with this option)
    I think there is also an option in MES to activate the CC control lamp......
    yes, I used MES. A solution of erasing the vehicle configuration option in adjustments menu of MES I didn't found.

Now, I have tried a third ecu (C146 / K34). Same problem: only the original ECU (also C146 / K34) shows in the display the CC control lamp. All ECUs display in the MES the functions of the CC, but only the original one shows the indicator light. The "new" ECUs were all virgin and are now actually linked to the BSI. The only thing that appears after activating the CC-lamp, which is short with turning on the ignition, but not when pressing the CC-switch.
    Would a cloning of the originalen ECU possibly help?
    thanks in advance...
    Last edited by drfiat; 22nd July, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

i would not recommend cloning the C146 contents to the D032 ecu as nobody knows the exact differences - look again in the adjustments menu of MES , there are 3 options , the middle one is Vehicle Configuration Reset.....
    I assume you have the full version of MES ?
    After executing you have to turn off the ignition for 30 seconds to store the data in the eeprom....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

drfiat (23rd July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, I have a full version of MES. After switching from german to english I found the Vehicle configuration reset. I didn't used this, only Self-adaption reset und Phonic wheel learn reset. I didn't dare to use it. I will try it and report later.
    I would not want to flash C146 on D032 either, just C146 on C146.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

you can use "reset vehicle configuration" without being afraid to mess things up - this just clears the current configuration of the ecu and automatically relearns the actual configuration from the bodycomputer at first key-on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yellowstilo For This Useful Post:

drfiat (24th July, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

well done yellowstilo, that's it. Vehicle configuration reset made and now it works. I think it was not until the second press of the switch, but anyway, now it works. I have now mounted the D032 and I am happy. Many Thanks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drfiat For This Useful Post:

yellowstilo (24th July, 2018)