Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Bricked satnav Honda - Alpine BB717P0 and similar (CR-Z,CR-V etc)

Hello,
    I have bricked my satnav by upgrading from probably corrupted DVD, now it stuck on bootloop.
    I can't do anything, device is in approx. 10sec boot loops, doing nothing, i can't even go to diagnostic menu.

Do anybody know some tips or tricks how to manage with that? Some secret key combinations invoking force update from DVD or something?
    The main board with 2 Sharp LH28F128 flash chips is with PCMCIA slot. Maybe some PCMCIA autorun by internal WinCE system?
    Or possibility to directly write the right BIN image into flash chips?
    Or maybe send the device (or only mainboard) to Alpine (manufacturer)?

Device is BB710P0 (BB710PO) from 2010 Honda CR-Z, but similar navi is in other Honda models, i know about CR-V.

I look forward to hear some ideas from you
    Thanks
    BonfireCZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've managed that update BIN image file is not stored here.... when visualised data from BIN and from flash dump there are different files and different images inside, and it looks the data in flash chips are stored like RAID discs - 2 bytes in first flash chip, 2 bytes in second chip (I've found BMP file used on navi background, and I find that header is stored like that).
    Anyway, I cannot find welcome screen in these flash chips, so this BIN update image must be stored in different location, because I cannot find any part of that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BonfireCZ; 25th July, 2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added hi res image