Register
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I will do but if I ever do get hackmii to launch should I downgrade back to 4.1 as suggested in 4.3 mod guide or will I be ok to leave it as 4.3 once modded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    I will do but if I ever do get hackmii to launch should I downgrade back to 4.1 as suggested in 4.3 mod guide or will I be ok to leave it as 4.3 once modded
    may as well stop on 4.3.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Looks like I will be on my way to find a copy of indiana jones hackmii does not boot from bootmini

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hi guys. just installed the homebrew chanell on my Wii 4.2E and went through the guide step by step and i cant get my box to recognize any of my backups. any ideas. do i need to go through the process again firstly re-installing the 4.2 firmware safely. (which i dont know how to do) thankx in advance people...

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Roryson don't do anything rash like trying to reinstall firmware. If you can be patient someone will give you good advice. You do not want to end up on 4.3 the same as I have because of inexperience/stupidity on my part. You will need to tell the more experienced guys if you are trying play backups from disk or hard drive, how new your console is and whether it is white or black

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it could be you have a drive that cant be modded check your serial no here Wii Drive Chip Database if yours is one of those then you will need to run your backups from hdd or usb pen/stick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default safe upgrade to 4.2 page?

hi there
    my 3.1u wii was soft modded and worked fine. some newer games on usb loader would give oo2 error. my boy got"super mario galaxy 2" for his birthday which upgraded the wii to 4.2e and the usb loader now does not work. i followed the "Wii 4.2E softmod tutorial. Easy to follow guide." my boys have then put super mario galaxy 2 back in and updated, putting me back where i started from. the tutorial says to visit "safe upgrade to 4.2 page" but i can not find it?
    a point in the right direction would be greatly apreciated.

many thanks

Muddyfunsra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi and thanks to all the experts, but like muddyfunsra, I also was not able to find the "safe upgrade to 4.2 page". Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by muddyfunsra View Post
    hi there
    my 3.1u wii was soft modded and worked fine. some newer games on usb loader would give oo2 error. my boy got"super mario galaxy 2" for his birthday which upgraded the wii to 4.2e and the usb loader now does not work. i followed the "Wii 4.2E softmod tutorial. Easy to follow guide." my boys have then put super mario galaxy 2 back in and updated, putting me back where i started from. the tutorial says to visit "safe upgrade to 4.2 page" but i can not find it?
    a point in the right direction would be greatly apreciated.

many thanks

Muddyfunsra

try here
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - v4.2 safe firmware updater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it safe to abort the softmoddning I just went to step 6 then I did notice that it wasen safe to install priiloder so can I just uninstall bootmii and HBC and update and igrore the patch on ios36 i made or must i do something with that to? Ps. sorry for the bad eng hope you guys can understand me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gnege View Post
    Is it safe to abort the softmoddning I just went to step 6 then I did notice that it wasen safe to install priiloder so can I just uninstall bootmii and HBC and update and igrore the patch on ios36 i made or must i do something with that to? Ps. sorry for the bad eng hope you guys can understand me
    why is it not safe to install preloader?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trucha Bug Restorer can brick your wii and if i brick my wii when i only have bootmii ios its really bad^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gnege View Post
    Trucha Bug Restorer can brick your wii and if i brick my wii when i only have bootmii ios its really bad^^
    dont worry follow the tutorial word for word and you will be ok this tut has been used thousands of times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ck-ok View Post
    dont worry follow the tutorial word for word and you will be ok this tut has been used thousands of times
    But i need some brick protection and i just got bootmii ios and i got newer wii so cant play backup in dvd so if i mess around with all usb and wad files i can brick it and then i screwd :S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But do someone know if can update if i uninstall HBC and bootmii and have a patched ios36?