Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Default Toyota Hilux/ Fortuner intergration relay issues

Howzit Guys need advice on the Hilux integration relay block assy is it repairable any fix out there - issue is doors not locking with remote but with key in door it locks - although doors unlocking with remote - generally they go about replacing this relay block assy as a complete part - any advice on how to tackle this repair instead of replacing would be appreciated
    'If I helped, please click Thanks +Reputation.. !'

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

any solution as a possible repair for the integration relay toyota fortuner /hilux Part 827300K021. BLOCK ASSY, DRIVER SIDE JUNCTION. - issue doors not locking
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I've had this so many times and just replaced the complete unit but what I have noticed is that on some of them you hear the relay clicking when pressing the remote but the doors don't work ....leads me to believe theres just a faulty relay within the unit .. did you open it up yet ?
    Please add rep if I help you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shafo For This Useful Post:

rtbdiagnostic (27th August, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Sure worth a try to see whats happening inside - local auto electricians do repair them - not willing to share fix ....
    The name integration is termed because the relay integrates with more then one system. Like door locks, remote door lock, key/seat belt reminder, interior lights and moon roof.

The integration relay incorporates diodes, resistors, transistors and relays soldered to a circuit board. Toyota provides no service data or detailed schematic of the relay. This makes repairs difficult, most owners replace the relay if a problem.

What can cause a problem? The unit appears not to generally fail on its own but this is possible. Bad component, solder joint, etc. Other causes can be incorrect installation of remote door lock and alarm. Poor regrounding of wiring after chassis repairs, failing to disconnect battery when doing electrical work and jump starting engine with electrical components turned on.

As to what to do:

The interior lights receive power from the Dome fuse. This power goes first to the integration relay. Then via an incorporated bus to the vanity lights (do these work?) and Dome light. As you know, this light is always powered. The Dome switch connects the ground of the bulb socket to open, ground or the wiring going to the integration relay.

The wiring circuit going to the relay depends on if the dome light is "fade out" or not. Fade out is the light stays on, then turns off by itself.

If no fade out the wiring goes via another integration relay bus to the rear door switches. The door switches are normally open when door is closed (does the light work if rear doors are open).

The wiring to the front door switch wiring is more complicated routing through a diode before going to the switch. The diode isolates other attached circuits.

The fade out wiring incorporates into the integration relay circuitry. Alas the circuit diagram provided is not complete.

Might check the integration relay ground wire (white/black). The wire goes first to a splice box then ground, both located on the drivers side of the dash console.

Make sure the dome light has full battery voltage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rtbdiagnostic; 27th August, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

I am sure once opened find circuit board - need to re solder a dry joint on one of the capacitors

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Open it cover carefully, replace relay P4CP012W1, use solder 450"C to open. I have finish many this job

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sadarmeng For This Useful Post:

rtbdiagnostic (22nd June, 2020)