Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2007 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 2500 6.0L 4X4

Good morning,

I was referred to this site by a gentleman (locksmith) who came by and made and reprogrammed a new key for my vehicle. After the key still didn't start my truck, he said I should give this site a shot and see if anyone can help me figure this out. This message may be a little long but I want to make sure all the details are listed.

A couple months ago my vehicle started to run sluggish. I noticed a drop in gas and performance but wasn't sure what to think. Then it started to power down while driving. So I had a scan done and it said the TPS was bad. I replaced the entire throttle body and sensor but it still didn't work. Another code was the CPS. So I replaced that as well. Vehicle then started to run a little better but would still power down every now and then. The sensor for the fuel pump has been bad and we did run the vehicle dry 3 or more times, so I replaced both fuel pumps. The vehicle drove about 16 miles and then shut down again. So I was told the catalytic converters most likely seized up. i drilled some holes in it and they were glowing red inside. I got the vehicle to my sisters house and ended up cutting both catalytic converters off. The vehicle did start up 2 more times but has not since. Since it has died, I have replaced the starter and bought another ECU. This ECU was programmed per my VIN number and shipped out to me. I was told it would be a plug and go. That has not been the case. My old key was locked out since the new ECU was installed and it would not allow it to reprogram. So I had the locksmith come out, cut a new one and then reprogram it. The key is now programmed but my vehicle won't even turn over.

So before I dump anymore money into this, I was hoping to get a little feed back on what may be the issue. I was told it may need to go to a dealership but I am hoping not.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any and all feedback.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts

have you check all grounds and power. can you scan vehicle and get codes ???