Autocom strange problem
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Default Autocom strange problem

so i have my 3rd not blue tooth semi baked half cooked autocom/delphi unit , started with "USB Device not reconised" then it works and then not ,
    like normal go for the USB cable , still error , then other 3 laptops and 2 PC's futher , still same problem , it do not see the USB device AKA Autocom , so FTDI chip must be busted , put a new chip and programed it , now i see the unit , hook it up to the Car and now software dont find the VCI , but this is strange , i plug it first into the laptop and then the car , VCI is still in device manager , once i trie to make diagnostic the unit makes beep beep beep and no more VCI in the device manager , so if i first plug it into the car and second into the laptop i get " USB device not reconised " so what can the problem be , once i give the unit power and then plug it in , it gets lost , but if i first plug it into the laptop and then car it stay untill i trie diagnostics , it gets lost ,
    voltage regulater ? faulty ST32 chip (can not reflash it ) once the pc speaks to the powered up unit it loose connection
    Ask a dumb question and become wise for the rest of your life, but act wise and stay dumb

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

You have got to update drivers of 2 lines in device manager. Can,t remember what they are, i think its usb, then vci. direct it to install folder for drivers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to autoden For This Useful Post:

jakesman (3rd September, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

nope i dont think that is the problem it was working fine , used it on one laptop , that dont have other diagnostic software on it to make the drivers go bad ,it just start with the problem intermetent , and one day it stopped
    Ask a dumb question and become wise for the rest of your life, but act wise and stay dumb

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    689 Posts

Hi.
    I had a similar problem several times and reinstalling the drivers helped. Just try it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hey,
    I have one here with the same problem (version with 1 pcb)
    Did you try bluetooth?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Scope data lines through from socket to where they enter MCU. See if there's a break in comms ordistortion.
    V Series TMS470 / EEPROM data - encryption / decryption, totally pwned.

IEC 62056-21 - new discussion: sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=60412.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunker For This Useful Post:

jakesman (9th September, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

it seems that when the mcu first wake up and then u plug it to pc then ftdi not working , but firts pc and then power on the obd plug all good until u try to talk to the mcu , so maybe feedback from a blown component , it is not to bad to replace this unit but waiting time is long and my economy is so busted that to buy iin dollars is costing a lot these days