Opel Astra H 2006 OPCOM Ecu does not reply - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skna View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but sadly i couldn't fix it. I ordered a new OPCOM and it works now without a problem.
    The problem is with IC chip responsible for hs can communication - one of 3 installed next to obd plug.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gomegarules For This Useful Post:

Stelaras26 (13th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hadn't much time recently but today i tested a bit. There seems to be a communication between the interface and the car. When i try to connect to ECU all pointers(e.g. fuel) go down to zero, ABS light constantly burns(which is off when opcom is not trying to connect), engine problem light is normally on(that's why i want to connect ), but on connecting it starts flashing.
    Errorcodes in other modules say CIM Connection error, not Present
    My guess is that it's not the interface but my car

EDIT: An the display shows F l/h insteat 0 l/h
    Last edited by TheCrap; 2nd October, 2018 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrap View Post
    I hadn't much time recently but today i tested a bit. There seems to be a communication between the interface and the car. When i try to connect to ECU all pointers(e.g. fuel) go down to zero, ABS light constantly burns(which is off when opcom is not trying to connect), engine problem light is normally on(that's why i want to connect ), but on connecting it starts flashing.
    Errorcodes in other modules say CIM Connection error, not Present
    My guess is that it's not the interface but my car

EDIT: An the display shows F l/h insteat 0 l/h
    You wrote at the beginning that the same thing was happening when you tried to connect your opcom with other car. This looks like faulty opcom. When you're trying to connect to ECU you get all of these errors including F on the dashboard because all the modules in your car are loosing communication with ECU (your faulty opcom causing interference on hscan).

Again - possibly it's a problem can controller. If you give up on it contact me priv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me it does not happen on a nother car cause i cannot test it. I need to find someone who has an opel too. the relais on my opcom are working fine and information is sent through pin 6 and 14 but i don't know how it should look on a scope so i cannot say if the request is correct.
    I viewed a few tutorials how to check with a scope if can works.
    my time is running low. i should have gone to the vehical inspection a few days ago. i will ask a mechanic who is known of my father to read an clear the engine error log. i don't know if he uses a tech2 or something similar or an universal odb2.
    does tech 2 communicate the with the same protocol as an opcom? and does opcom uses the odb2 protocol or something properitary?
    i will still try to get it to work when my car is ready to go again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12