Opel Astra H 2006 OPCOM Ecu does not reply
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Opel Astra H 2006 OPCOM Ecu does not reply

Hello everyone, i have found your forum over Google searches, i was searching a solution about my problem but from 2 days i believe i tried everything and i couldn't make it work.

I have car Opel Astra H 2006 and my problem is with my clone OPCOM, when i run it, the test stage pass successfully but on the software i can not run the Automatic Car Identification option, when i do it gets stuck with "ECU initialization.." then "ECU does not reply, please wait 2 seconds..."
    I have tried to select manually the Engine which is Z13DTH but still the same problem, i can not access even fault codes of engine.

I noticed that i can access only some features like in "Infotainment System" the "BID display settings, Entertainment Head Unit settings" and in the "Body" the "Instrument Cluster settings", i think i can access only these options, on the other sections i face the problem which i mentioned above.

I tested the interface also on other Astra H with the same Engine and Model, still the same problem and i can access only the same things.

The interface has firmware v1.45

I tested the interface with different software versions, like 08/2010 China Clone, 120309a Version, on both the interface test passes without problem.

I also tried on different laptops, and on different operating systems (WIN10, WIN7, WINXP with VMWare) with different FTDI drivers.

Please what can cause this problem, what do i need to check is there anyone who can give me any recommendation? Thank you so much, and sorry for the long post, i just tried to be detailed about what i have done.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts

Maybe your interfaces relais are damaged/stuck. When selecting ECU it will switch the CAN-lines to the correct position.
    If you can reach only DIS, EHU it is stuck on MS-CAN. Try to replace the relais or buy a better clone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Faulty interface, ask the seller for another one or a refund

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exe123 View Post
    Maybe your interfaces relais are damaged/stuck. When selecting ECU it will switch the CAN-lines to the correct position.
    If you can reach only DIS, EHU it is stuck on MS-CAN. Try to replace the relais or buy a better clone
    Thank you for your reply, i am not so professional with electronics but i have some experience and some tools

IMG_7701.JPG IMG_7700.JPG

Here is my interface, are the relays are those white boxes (3 on the left and 5 on the right under of cables) ?

How can i know which one is for which CAN?

Quote Originally Posted by Kic View Post
    Faulty interface, ask the seller for another one or a refund
    Thank you so much for your replies. I appreciate it. I have messaged the seller i wait a reply from him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all again, today i figured that device can read everything with MS-CAN and SW-CAN but can not read anything which is related with HS-CAN, is there anyone who can help me with it, what should i check?

I would send the device back and replace it with new but i live in small place and the process will take a bit time for me, that’s why i try to find solution. I appreciate any help, thank you so much!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts

It is stuck to SW CAN. That's shared with HS-CAN. Replace one of the relais in the middle next to the LED. Dont remember the exact one. Schematic you can find here :

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-com-schematic
    Last edited by exe123; 16th September, 2018 at 07:11 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to exe123 For This Useful Post:

metaleks (19th December, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have exactly the same problem. The relais all "click" on powering. I messured the HS Can(it's the one next to yellow led) and it works fine, didn't think about messuring the others but i will do tomorrow.
    @skna did it help you to replace the swcan relais(the one next to the red led)?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

The only way to fix it without guessing is to build a test rig and do it on the bench. I would be scoping pins 6 and 14 and tracing back across the circuit board through the relays and the CAN transceiver chips. You need to establish if it's a total failure or a single transmit or receive problem. Either will result in no comms in the program.
    V Series TMS470 / EEPROM data - encryption / decryption, totally pwned.

IEC 62056-21 - new discussion: sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=60412.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm... relais seem to work fine. i followed from pin 6 and 14 over the can transceiver, from transceiver to relay and relay to 18f458. all "wiring" works fine.
    Is there a way to test if the transceiver is faulty or maybe its a broken firmware on the 18f458 without flashing another firmware?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

You can only easily test the transceivers with a scope. Easy enough to see what's going in and the corresponding pair coming out and vice versa. Start by scoping what's coming out of the MCU and see what's coming out of 6 and 14. Then plug it into a car if you haven't got a CAN injector and check it back at MCU.
    Last edited by Dunker; 22nd September, 2018 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sadly i don't have a scope
    i have ordered one now and another opcom from different source as reference ^^

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

I had same problem last week with an old opcom 2012 and xp laptop. Autel 908 communicated with all modules, no problem, so one for the scrap bin. I have a newer version opcom on win7 and that works ok but did not have to hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A short status update:

The new opcom arrived and gives "internal communication error or interface not powered from car" at everything so this one may be junk.
    I was only trying under windows 10 which takes nearly 50 secondes for each connection or even interface test so i tested with an old win 7 notebook where vauxcom works much faster.(i love windows 10, best os ever with no problems at all grrrrrr...) but i still get the same result for my "old" interface. initializing ECU, ECU does not reply... please wait 500ms....(i think, it is to fast to read but its not "2 seconds") on HSCAN, everything else works on both OS.
    The scope also arrived but i have to become acquainted with it :/

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Win10 is computer version of Jimmy Saville. It interferes with everything it can. For diagnostics W7 is far better. It interferes less and you can disable defender and other stuff. Doesn't matter what u disable in W10, it will still screw with USB stuff even when USB is in use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrap View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. The relais all "click" on powering. I messured the HS Can(it's the one next to yellow led) and it works fine, didn't think about messuring the others but i will do tomorrow.
    @skna did it help you to replace the swcan relais(the one next to the red led)?
    Sorry for the late reply, but sadly i couldn't fix it. I ordered a new OPCOM and it works now without a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast