Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default BMW F10 Active 5 Hybrid. Crash Data Help

I have a BMW F10 2014 Active 5 which has been involved in an accident which deployed Airbags.
    Airbags all sorted and Airbag faults cleared now but i still have numerous codes relating to Crash and Hybrid System is Disabled.
    I have scanned and cleared with ISTA but codes do not clear so there is obviously still a problem. I have gone through as much as i can see and cant find anything wrong.

So im looking for some advice and help with the following codes, perhaps Crash data stored somewhere that ISTA wont clear????

21F100 - High Voltage safety connector disconnected - Its Not.
    21F103 - High Voltage Battery Unit, Serious Crash detected. For sure there was.
    21F106 - High Voltage Battery Unit , Undervoltage. Yes Battery is Low and wont Charge.
    21F13A - High Voltage System, Monitoring of insulation resistance deactivated.
    21F18A - High Voltage Battery, Switch contactors switch off after fault

220569 - Emergency Manager, High Voltage Battery, immediate opening of contactor.
    22056A - Emergency Manager, High Voltage Battery, commanded opening of contactor.
    22056B - Emergency Manager, High Voltage Battery, battery fault.
    220710 - EME, Saftey cutout, High Voltage Interlock loop, line disrupted. Yes this was disconnected at scene of accident to make car safe, but is now connected.

There are some codes stored in Engine ECM also but these are relate to restricted power due to Hybrid system being inactive.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,061 Posts

use the guided fault finder built into ISTA
    “There's nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.” ― Banksy

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Got no where with it. It just sugessted faults were there due to battery disconnect and didnt point me anywhere.

Going to try again when its a bit quieter and no distractions but i had somewhere that a guy in the states was told he needed a new Hybrid Battery pack @ $5000 after an accident repair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can assure what there is no need to replace any HV component after the crash. You may have problem somewhere else. Crash data can be deleted as any other error.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hello, did you solved? I have f15 with crash data in hybrid battery.
    Thank's