Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Default Megane II 1.5dci high pressure pump

Hi mates. I am having problem with renault megane 2 1.5dci 60kw. The car randomly up high pressure in rail about 1500-1700 bar at idle. I test signal from ecu to fuel regulator pressure placed on backside of the pump, i have a wire with battery tension (about 13.8 at idle) and other with negative signal of 400mhz(at idle), apparently signal is good, i replaced pressure regulator but i having same problem. I tested injectors also and are good. When the car are in fail have DTCs P0089 and P0325. I assume P0325 appears because engine is cracking...

Any have similar situation in this shit of megane? I think ¡f ecu signal is good to regulator ecu is not the problem.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

Hi,
    Can you send me VIN please? Otherwise many times the problem is the connector from electrical beam as the pressure valve works reversely: lower power => higher pressure, this on a Delphi system.
    Greetings,

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

Hi again,
    I forgot to ask you if the cylinders are smaking when pressure goes to 1700 bars (or I did not prefectly understand you post). If you don't hear them hard smaking it means pressure value is false, the problem should be in pressure sensor.
    One thing you can try to definitely get an answer about the pump giving too much pressure it this:
    Connect the old valve to beam to let the ECU think every thing is allright ((if not ECU won't let engine start), put 2 wires on the valve connector of the pump and feed it with 12V with a 45 or 55W lamp in serial ( in line + or -, we don't care, of course) start engine: if pressure is not lower, try directely with the 2 wires to 12V.
    Trust me, there is nothing to damage doing this little test.
    Greetings,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Louislesinge For This Useful Post:

ruffles1986 (25th September, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Finally was ecu problem