Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Default 77969-TR0-A014-M1 blowing eeprom after crash

I have a 77969-TR0-A014-M1 that was crashed. After I removed chip and soldered to adapter I noticed it was a bit burned, thought I may have overheated it. The readings from it were currupt and it was un writable so I changed it and used a known good working file. Installing it back in car hds had no communication. Pulling it back out the bottom was noticeably hot and after opening it up I could see the new eeprom burned up as well.

I know these have common failures after crash causing no communication but is it common to burn up the eeprom? Is the fix of these related to flash in spc or is it more likely a bad component causing a short?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

honda civic, tssop8, corresponds to a short circuit if you are burning the eeprom, verify the pins of positive and negative

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzcaal For This Useful Post:

narkeleptk (23rd September, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Problem is solved now.
    I had a little time to kill earlier so I sat down and did a little work on it. Ended up finding the bad component that was shorting out the module and in turn burning up the eeprom.