Could you pls. take a look at this boost graph, for an 2.0 tdi 16V engine
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Could you pls. take a look at this boost graph, for an 2.0 tdi 16V engine

Hi all,

I dont think my octavia 2.0 tdi 16V DSG (BKD engine), delivers the correct amount of power, boost.
    I made this graph, and before i upgrade with a remap, i would really appreciate if you could advice if this is normal boost for this engine ?
    I would have thought that the specified boost, should have been a flat line at around 2600 mbar, from 2000 rpm to red line, but maybe im wrong.
    If some of you have a boost graph of a standard, not remapped BKD engine, could you pls upload it to compare ?

torque_og_boost_efter_tandrem.jpg

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Your requested boost looks normal. It will drop until redline just as your torque request.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mivini1 View Post
    Hi all,

I dont think my octavia 2.0 tdi 16V DSG (BKD engine), delivers the correct amount of power, boost.
    I made this graph, and before i upgrade with a remap, i would really appreciate if you could advice if this is normal boost for this engine ?
    I would have thought that the specified boost, should have been a flat line at around 2600 mbar, from 2000 rpm to red line, but maybe im wrong.
    If some of you have a boost graph of a standard, not remapped BKD engine, could you pls upload it to compare ?

torque_og_boost_efter_tandrem.jpg
    It is normal. You can load %10 more boost, And then load graph..
    Genuine 'WinOLS,MagPro2X17 Master, VagCom-Vcds, Vag Can Pro-Vcp'
    And 'Kess-Ktag' Red Pbc Ecu Clone User.
    Professional Car Remapper And Ecu Calibration Expert From TURKEY

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hello

Spec boost looks normal, but Act.Boost is higher all over the rpm.
    May be there is a problem in boost regulation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilkertdi View Post
    It is normal. You can load %10 more boost, And then load graph..
    Thanks for your answer.
    But what do you mean that i can load 10% more boost , and then make a graph ?
    This is WOT - it wont give anymore boost ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by biela View Post
    Hello

Spec boost looks normal, but Act.Boost is higher all over the rpm.
    May be there is a problem in boost regulation?
    I think that it is normal that the actual boost is higher than the requested. The imortant thing is that the curves more or less follow the same path, and they do.
    BUT - im thinking that the boost is to low, i have seen a lot of graphs from BKD engines where the specified boost is 2601 mbar fro like 2000-4500 rpm ?
    Maybe they have been remapped, i dont know, thats why i would like others with bkd engines and vcds to log group 011, full trhottle in 3. gear, so we could compare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I think that it is normal that the actual boost is higher than the requested. The imortant thing is that the curves more or less follow the same path, and they do.
    BUT - im thinking that the boost is to low, i have seen a lot of graphs from BKD engines where the specified boost is 2601 mbar fro like 2000-4500 rpm ?
    Maybe they have been remapped, i dont know, thats why i would like others with bkd engines and vcds to log group 011, full trhottle in 3. gear, so we could compare
    You'll see only 2601 because it's over boosting and the diagnosis limits on your file were not changed and you are not able to see more than 2601mBar.

I don't think the graph lines are okay, the actual boost should follow the specified as much as possible other wise you're over boosting. you'll not get a safe because if should be in the threshold of 400mBar. These cars are tricky to tune boost, they tend to over boost.

I always tested the cars in 4º Gear, between 1500/2000 Revs until 4000 something revs.

If you post your ORI file i can try to change the diagnosis limits on your file.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniel guerra View Post
    These cars are tricky to tune boost, they tend to over boost.

I always tested the cars in 4º Gear, between 1500/2000 Revs until 4000 something revs.

If you post your ORI file i can try to change the diagnosis limits on your file.
    Sorry i dont have a lot of experience in this, so when you say these cars a tricky to tune boost, you mean its tricky to make a good mapping for the ECU ? My ECU is total standard, it has never been remapped, just to clarify this.

I do have a graph made in 4'th gear, but they are a bit tricky to make because of the dsg. Do i get full throttle by pressing the accelerator pedal down to the kick down switch, but no further than this ? If i press the pedal all the way to the bottom, the switch will engage, and it will make kickdown, even if its in manual. So i press the pedal to just before the switch.

Do you by the original file, means the log file from vcds, or the excel sheet with the loaded data from the log file?

Im very thankfull for your help!

BR
    Mikkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Sorry i dont have a lot of experience in this, so when you say these cars a tricky to tune boost, you mean its tricky to make a good mapping for the ECU ? My ECU is total standard, it has never been remapped, just to clarify this.

I do have a graph made in 4'th gear, but they are a bit tricky to make because of the dsg. Do i get full throttle by pressing the accelerator pedal down to the kick down switch, but no further than this ? If i press the pedal all the way to the bottom, the switch will engage, and it will make kickdown, even if its in manual. So i press the pedal to just before the switch.

Do you by the original file, means the log file from vcds, or the excel sheet with the loaded data from the log file?

Im very thankfull for your help!

BR
    Mikkel
    Sorry i've missed your post, but in fact your file is original, normally the boost is 2350mBar from 1900 till 2500 Revs and then it starts lowering until 2000mBar at 4000Revs. which is the spec boost line that you've. the orange line has a spike around 2500Revs then lowers to meet the spec boost and starts to deviate again, this might be because of DSG i've never tuned any of these cars with DSG this is just guess, but the boost deviates a little.

Why did you mentioned 2601mBar? did you these on the logs while you're logging boost?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniel guerra View Post
    Sorry i've missed your post, but in fact your file is original, normally the boost is 2350mBar from 1900 till 2500 Revs and then it starts lowering until 2000mBar at 4000Revs. which is the spec boost line that you've. the orange line has a spike around 2500Revs then lowers to meet the spec boost and starts to deviate again, this might be because of DSG i've never tuned any of these cars with DSG this is just guess, but the boost deviates a little.

Why did you mentioned 2601mBar? did you these on the logs while you're logging boost?
    Well then the conclusion could be, that my boost, more or less is according to spec ?
    I mentioned 2601 mbar, because i have seen different sites where the BKD engine delivers 2601 mBar boost in standard setup. Therefore i thought that mine was too low.
    Like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFlcT8kPQg , and i have seen other graphs on malone tuning with 2601 for the BKD engine.

But thanks for clarifying that my boost is more or less what to expect.

Would i gain anything by getting a newer ECU to the BKD engine, with a newer version of engine managment software ? I have been told that there is a newer software version for my ECU, but i think its moneywise is better to buy a second hand newer ECU. Would i get a better running engine you think ?
    This is my current:
    Address 01: Engine Labels: 03G-906-016-BKD.lbl
    Part No SW: 03G 906 016 DS HW: 028 101 195 3
    Component: R4 2,0L EDC G000AG 7000
    Revision: 12345678 Serial number: SKZ7Z0E3018430
    Coding: 0050078
    Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00000
    VCID: 77FD0D5706389FA6A59-8022

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I my opinion you will not get anything by buying a new ECU with upgraded software, if you want, you can go to VW dealer and they can update your eco to latest version, probably you'll pay a small amount just for this job.

If you see files from alone tuning with more than 2601 mBar, probably the file is not ORI and the diagnosis bits are not changed, to show exactly what it's doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok Daniel, then i guess i wont benefit from updated ECU from skoda.

I like to get the poser delivery more equal over 1500-4500 rpm. I gues that what i could ask a tuner to buid for me ?
    I read from some tuners that they can up the torque delivery, without upping the HP. Do you min explaining how that is possible - i thought those where coupled ?

To be honest i'm afraid to up the overall power delivery on the engine, cause i'm afraid that the engine cannot last in the long run, but off course i'd also like to have a strong engine with loads of power. But the torque is what i like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

looks like boost spike very near to 1.6bar then controls itselfs and is higher than specified in higher end of revs

with bkd more than likely a boost leak causing this or semi-sticky VNT mech

before upping power delivery/torque or bhp have a look at mechanical side

once sorted i can help with more power

hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From many other boost graphs i have seen, it seems like normal that there is a spike of overboost in the low revs, arond the time where the specified boost flattens out ?

Its the poor boost control in the higher revs, you mean that could be a sticky vane ? I have tried to run the VNT test i VCDS and that was fine, the was a difference around 250-260 mbar, and the duty cycle went from 92 to 8 as far as i remember. So that should opt for a ok working VNT shouldnt it ?