Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Possible to use my own SD cart to navigation map for Discover Media 2 unit?

Hey guys.
    I know it's possible to have a non genuine SD-cart to hold the MAPS data for Discover Media 2 units... But they guy that made one for me once, is no longer reachable.

i read somewere the SD-cart reading setup has to be change or something?

I want to use one of my own SanDisk SD-carts with newest MAP data for Discover Media 2 unit, anyone in here who can guide me how to setup the SD-cart so the MID2 read the MAP data on the card?

BR
    Chris.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

better solution is to find Samsung EVO SD card, which allow changing CID number,.
    Change number to 0941504d49425354102d5033b000d501, and copy maps to fat32 formatted card, allocation unit size 4096 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mladen223 View Post
    better solution is to find Samsung EVO SD card, which allow changing CID number,.
    Change number to 0941504d49425354102d5033b000d501, and copy maps to fat32 formatted card, allocation unit size 4096 KB
    Hey,
    Thanks for reply .. However the Samsung cards are all white, I would really like a black one hehe. Try used a marker to make my current samsung card black, but this isn't a great solution.