Forum search bug
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Forum search bug

Hi guys,

I noticed a bug within the vBulletin platform (I guess) related to the searching option...
    When you try and search for a new term, the search results will be indexed into some "id", so on the next time anyone is searching for the same term, they will be referenced to the same cached id. This is usually done to speed up the search and to decrease the processing on server-side.

The bug is that those cached search id results are removed after a very short timeframe (appears to be ~1 day or less), so on the next time someone will search for the same keywords, he will be referenced to the same search ID which will have no results because they were already removed...

because of that, you cannot search the forum for the same keywords, you have to change the keywords a little bit to make them look like new search criteria so you won't be referenced to the cache...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beepi For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (3rd December, 2018)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Ah yeah had that before you know member xxx said yyy in general chat can't find it then weeks later you can

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid