Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Default 2007 Nissan Pathfinder proximity key

Hello All

This is probably a simple one for experienced men on here just starting out so replys would be greatly appreciated.

My friend is stuck and has asked if I could programme a proximity key to pathfinder he is selling. He’s a mechanic and has managed to get transponder to start the jeep but key remote/proximity opening not working.

Question is this:

Will my MVP pro be able to program remote or can it be done with SKP 900 ?

Thanks everyone in advance 👍🏻
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 13th November, 2018 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Typo

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Avoid this car as hell if you dont have zedfull. You brick it 100%
    Imposible to restore with other tools.
    Renault ECU tool / IO terminal / A.S.W

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks drugowaz only on the road wouldn’t be a great start 😬

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

ive done a good few of these in the past and never bricked one , but i use truecode or abrites but normally truecode . mvp claims to do them too and really it should do without issue . just remember the button by the twist turn ign needs to be pressed if fitted when turning key off when cycling if it has this fitted otherwise car wont see ign off during cycling key.

you program these in 2 parts , you program chip and remote functions seperately .

the question is ,
    do you have all the info ? ie

why did your friend need to code in a key , did it have no keys or was there a key working properly ?
    what kit has he used to program chip ?
    is the key hes using the correct key as a few of these that look the same and wouldnt be first time someones used a non prox key and wondered why prox doesnt work
    is the key he is using genuine or copy and is it new or 2nd hand and is it definitely a prox key hes coded ?

but mvp pro does these , im not aware of it bricking a car if the procedure is followed correctly , all your answers can be found on the advanced diagnostics forum and on IQ .

truecode is very good on these and is token free .

read the AD forum , watch the many videos on youtube , proper research helps understand the job better , then go get some experience on the car , no reason why skp900 shouldnt do it , but skp900 has bricked a few qashqai in past that use same system as posted about on this forum , so id beware of skp900 unless you can confirm it works safely

how else do you get experience on these if you dont get out there and do it , but id use kit you know works where you have some back up if needed , ie your mvp pro or if you have it truecode or tdb1000 or abrites , as all these have help videos , support and forums.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 13th November, 2018 at 05:25 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Rapidlocksmiths

Thank you for a super informative reply. It’s great to know you’ve shown an interest in a very green beginner.

Your answer to my question is very much appreciated

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Last month i was on this car. It was briked by abrites,not my job.

Than owner bought full kit ecu bcm keys,steering lock . Car started,than he called locksm8th to do spare key because first it had 2. And AGAIN car was briked.

I tried all tools i had. It goes through all procedure,immo light off amd you need turn twist knob into lock pos to finish and exit prog mode. But nothing happens,steering lock wont lock and car is in prog mode and imposible to exit.

Thats why i say this system is not fer newbes nerwes.
    I had pain on qashqai,other few on same system. Tjis pathfinder even dealer couldnt fix and restore. Suggested buy new full set fir lots money. So i avoid this car as experience very bad.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

ive heard of this issue on later models 2013 using the 20 digit system like on qashqai J11 and pathfinder R52 as well as others , ive never had this issue on J10 or R51 models . so im aware of issues on later bcm units and there was a bulletin from nissan on this also but didnt affect earlier models as far as im aware , this guy is looking at a 2007 R51 model which ive had no issues with to date and shouldnt have one of the affected bcm units.

on these later models truecode does warn you not to proceed if one of the known bcm units affected , but not all are known yet , so gives you a fighting chance of avoiding such an issue.

what year was yours drugowaz ?

it can leave car in programming mode if a model with the small button by ignition if the button isnt pressed to fully close ignition when cycling , im also aware of bad keys and bcm issues causing the car to be stuck in programming mode , if a bcm issue you wont know till programming and it goes tits up but this is same on many cars. but ive not had this issue myself but read of a few others suffering it on the older qashqai prox bcm units , but has normally been associated to another issue , certainly interested if yours was one of these older systems and had these issues too .

i guess ive been spoilt with truecode on these but i do agree these prox ones, they are not nice systems to work on as plenty of issues , which is why i suggested only using good kit he has support and back up with , theres plenty of others that can cause pain , JLR and later vag etc , all can cause problems for new guys with limited kit , they avoid them all they wont work at all , but you may well be right and a job beyond a new start.

though as the mechanic has managed to program a chip into it so car starts but prox isnt working with what ever diag he has, id say not an iffy or faulty bcm as he has managed to code a key that starts just the prox isnt working , so safe to assume the mvp will do same without issue and the problem is most likely precedure or key issue or as simple as no battery in key or an issue with prox system , thus ive advised he ask questions and get facts from the friend up front .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 14th November, 2018 at 12:42 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Cars was 2007 qashqai
    2008 pathfinder

I know about small button. Its all done ,thats why i wrote it.
    Well he can risk and do and report,if he do it with skp i will buy skp same minute
    On these i do only spare service keys with chip without remote

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Have an experienced guy going along with me to do this so will post how it went. There are loads of videos on YouTube with Skp900 doing Nissan prox Keys but I’ll use MVP think it might be safer option. If I don’t have a go I’ll never know. Prox Keys are popular so need to learn how to do them 😬
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 14th November, 2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Add on

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

all prox systems differ , however if prox keys are popular in your area find a good supply of faraday bags and sell these

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

let us know how you get on
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 14th November, 2018 at 03:31 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Recently Xtrail killed in the local dealer 2014 prox key with Consult. It seems there is something messed with the new BCM
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

theres a number of newer bcm units with bugs that prevent key programming , even by the dealer , truecode will warn you not to proceed if one of the known affected units

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Maybe there is known part numbers or specific models?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

truecode have a list of known affected units , so have built software not to proceed if it sees one , they have a list of the affected units they know of on their forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast