465 Posts

Can you share link or that list?
    Renault ECU tool / IO terminal / A.S.W

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

its on a thread on the trucode forum http://forum.keyprogrammers.com/foru....php?f=8&t=638

i cant cut and paste it as its their forums info and not mine to post elsewhere .

besides hes built it into the truecode software so software checks for you automatically and warns you if an affected unit

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

drugowaz (14th November, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi All

Booked this in for tomorrow so will post tomorrow evening hopefully all will be ok.

Thanking everyone for their input and advice 😬👍🏻

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

if no hidden surprises all should be fine , i always get suspicious when garages ring with such jobs , often they neglect to tell you that the vehicle has had an engine change , ecu change , main component changed , or they have used 2nd hand parts , in such cases without the right kits your on a hiding to nothing. you learn to ask the right questions on such jobs to save wasted journeys and time .

good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

drugowaz (15th November, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Again many thanks to Rapidlocksmiths for continuing advice and guidance 👍🏻

Ok here’s how it went. Firstly it pissed down all afternoon so tough going as programming tools and laptop don’t like moisture 😬

Mechanic had jeep in with broken key so ordered a dealer key and swapped transponder from broken remote to new dealer key to get it going but remote not programmed.

First thing done was checked remote frequency was fine, done diagnostic check also fine then hooked up genuine Abrites done full programming remote and transponder no remote programmed.

Disconnected battery used MVP pro for remote only said done but wasn’t then tried full programming with same still nothing.

Battery off put new transponder in key so everything was virgin. Abrites again said programmed but still no joy.

Put original transponder back in key so jeep was drivable.

Checked fuses 3rd fuse down on panel inside jeep fuse ok but no power to it.

Conclusion something to do with this fuse or mechanic telling a porky and poor aftermarket key. Or possibly wrong equipment used.

Good news was after all the work jeep didn’t lock up or go into permanent programming mode. Bad news no result.
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 15th November, 2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Typo

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

What jeep related with nissan? Dont get it

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

i think he is likening a pathfinder to a jeep style of vehicle ie 4WD rather than to the jeep make .

i suspect as used abrites and mvp then the issue is not with your equipment , which leaves key or a vehicle issue . did you scan and read units for fault codes with abrites ?

did you check the fuse wiring or check what that fuse is for ?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Sorry for confusion as Rapidlocksmiths said in U.K. we tend to call all 4x4’s jeeps

Yes diagnostic done with Abrites prior to starting programming. Was getting dark and we were soaked so didnt investigate fuse wiring. The Pathfinder is very local so will have a bit of an investigation into the wiring and fuse issue. Main thing is it didn’t lock up.

I really do suspect key he said he bought it from dealership for £58 sounds way too cheap for OEM proxy key sounds like an eBay purchase

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

you live in NI , like in uk you must get used to the weather , even worse when peeing down on the roadside , dealing with bad weather is a daily thing , i guarantee when i get out of van it rains more , when jobs done and back in van it stops , weather is something you will learn to deal with , and combined with sods law the pig job will be when weather is at worst . if you dont want to get wet then in wrong job in wrong area . some days i go through 4 sets of clothes , its the job.

on a daily basis you work in awkward places in all weathers , you learn to be quick , i tend to complete lost key jobs in 12 to 30 mins as i dont like the cold and the wet.

ive never called a 4wd a jeep , this must be an NI thing , a jeep is a jeep .

welcome to the reality of car keys on the roadside , its not a glamourous job , but it is an addictive job if you get into it .

if going back to it investigate the fuse , try proper key , if no joy torture the mechanic to get the truth , or chalk it up to experience and move on to next job learning from the job before .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 16th November, 2018 at 12:41 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

jodge (16th November, 2018), Rio orio (16th November, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Jeep must be an NI term Rapid

Well used to getting soaked in last career been knee deep in crude oil with rain bucketing down just makes life a bit more difficult when your on a awkward job with sensitive equipment that doesn’t appreciate water.

Yes I told the dealer either he buys a new key from Nissan with receipt or there’s nothing more can be done. Once get new key will try it if it fails then investigate further. It won’t beat me I’ll get there 👍🏻
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 16th November, 2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Typo

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,279 Posts

use a toughbook with your laptop based software , as waterproof , shock proof and robust.

id advise wet weather gear and hi vis gear , as drivers door lock on a busy road will always be on road side when a nasty road .

it may be just a key issue , fingers crossed

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks for your ongoing advice Rapid 👍🏻

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have consult 3 plus with genuine VI2 and have done programming key, but somehow I could not program remote too. Nissan website shows instruction how to program remote, but not success. However, you should try this procedure:

The procedure I tried is :

1. Get inside the vehicle and LOCK all doors using the lock/unlock switch on the drivers side door. (Do not use the remote)

2. Insert your key into the ignition and remove 6 times within 10 seconds. You will need to fully insert and remove the key during this step each time in roughly one second intervals. The hazard lamps will flash when done correctly. If the hazards do not flash do the procedure 10 times rather than 6.

3. Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds push the lock button once on the new remote. Your hazards will flash confirming the programming.

5. If you have other remotes including new and existing working remotes, follow this step. If not skip to Step 6. UNLOCK then LOCK the doors using the lock/unlock switch on the drivers side door. (Do not use the remote). Within 5 seconds press the lock button on the remote you are now programming. Your hazard lights will flash to confirm programming. Repeat this same process for all remaining remotes to be programmed.

6. Once you have programmed all remotes the ignition off and completely remove the key from the ignition. UNLOCK all doors using the unlock/lock switch on the drivers door. Do not use the remote

7. Test all remotes to confirm programming.

My additional question is if I should buy remote key copy like vvdi key tool or kd-x2 to clone remote?? thanks in advance

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gtitonta For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (20th November, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

You cant program this smart key in manual way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12