Required Dish Size Guide - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would go for a Dream or TM500/600 over anything else mate, there quite heave not to bad, id say 6/7KG.
    Last edited by caveman_nige; 10th December, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is around a 30? price difference in these models, you could always go for the HD model.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Which dish which box?

Hi people, i'm looking at getting on the satelitte bandwagon but i am new to this an have a lot of questions can you techno peeps help pls? First up from what i can understand a dream 800 hd sounds a good way 2 go with a 1m motor dish, i seen a tut for how 2 set up an azbox (v helpfull by the way) is a dr box simler 2 set up? Also how much would that set up cost me an are you forever updating or does the cs do that for you? Any advice would be much apprieciated, also i went to aldi an they only had 2 dish sizes 35cm an 45cm, would these be any good? From this site i sorted my wii out an my ex7000 which is about to become a doorstop so i'm ready for a real challenge!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how can i receive nilesat ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red7 View Post
    how can i receive nilesat ?
    If in uk,this will change on footprint as to what part of the uk your in.The more north you are,so bigger the dish your need.South coast nearest to France you might get verts on Meter dish.Up north you need ish a 1.8 meter dish(verts).Hor signels might come in @ night time on a 1.8 meter dish(wether pending)So for clear viewing i would say 2.4 to a 3 meter dish for soild viewing all the time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default 53' EAST

Read up about receiving 53'east but I cannot for the life of me hit it.It supposed to be available with a 80cm dish except 12000 to 12750 bands those need a 1.2 mtr.I have a 1mtr motorised from 3'east to 45'east due to the way house faces and planning permission until I relocate it to bottom of garden in summer then it will be full east to west so at the moment i am content with the east birds.Does anyone have any suggestions for this please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To conclude, buy 120cm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys

Im new to the world of sat i just got myself a
    AZBOX HD PREMIUM

But not sure on what size Dish to get my main interest is the Premier league

if anyone can advise that would be great

oh and im in wolverhampton

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Required dish size fixed setup Astra 1, 2 and 3

Hello folks,

I am currently on the cable and thinking of switching over to satellite. I have quite some experience with satellite since I lived in the Netherlands before and always had a motorised setup there. I roughly sorted out the STB's so that is fine. For the new dish setup I want to be able to receive the Astra 1, 2 and 3 on a fixed dish. I had a look at the footprint page and since I live in Essex a 90 cm dish would do, but that is with 1 LNB only i asume, or is there enough margin to make that a multifeed setup as well? I am also not sure if I should go for a Triax (always had that, good quality) or have a Visio Bisat solution this time.
    Any advise on this dish "problem" would be more then welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Golfman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

My 2 cents,

Go for a 1 metre dish if attaching to your house any bigger than this you will need planning permission or if on the front of your property where it can be seen from the road or if someone complains.

I have a 1 metre dish motorised on a scaffold pole on the back of my house but the dish is below the roof line so some what protected and the extra 10cm will improve the signal a bit.

If you want a bigger dish the prices start to get silly but better sited on the ground.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adey1979 View Post
    Hi Guys

Im new to the world of sat i just got myself a
    AZBOX HD PREMIUM

But not sure on what size Dish to get my main interest is the Premier league

if anyone can advise that would be great

oh and im in wolverhampton

Thanks
    with azbox keep an eye out for feeds posted,if thay are posted from 8 west your need a inclined setup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have I read the table right. I am based in north west England and want to get Hotbird 13E. The table says 60cm. Will my old sky mini dish work?

Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts

Here is a very usefull site:SatLex Digital :: News,there are a lot of info about sat antennas.
    Have fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a side note for planning regs in England on dishes above 1 metre (if you have a curtain twitcher of a neighbour).

Houses and buildings up to 15 metres high

Unless your house (or the building in which you live) is in a designated area, you do not need to apply for planning permission to install an antenna on your property, as long as:
    • there will be no more than two antennas on the property overall. (These may be on the front or back of the building, on the roof, attached to the chimney, or in the garden);
    • if you are installing a single antenna, it is not more than 100 centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and brackets);
    • if you are installing two antennas, one is not more than 100 centimetres in any linear dimension, and the other is not more than 60 centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and brackets);
    • the cubic capacity of each individual antenna is not more than 35 litres;
    • an antenna fitted onto a chimney stack is not more than 60 centimetres in any linear dimension; and
    • an antenna mounted on the roof only sticks out above the roof when there is a chimney-stack. In this case, the antenna should not stick out more than 60 centimetres above the highest part of the roof, or above the highest part of the chimney stack, whichever is lower.
    Houses and buildings up to 15m high in designated areas

If your house (or the building in which you live) is in a designated area, you do not need to apply for planning permission to install an antenna on your property, as long as:
    • there will be no more than two antennas on the property overall;
    • if you are installing a single antenna, it is not be more than 100 centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and brackets);
    • if you are installing two antennas, one is not more than 100 centimetres in any linear dimension, and the other is not more than 60 centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and brackets);
    • an antenna fitted onto a chimney stack is not more than 60 centimetres in any linear dimension;
    • an antenna mounted on the roof only sticks out above the roof when there is a chimney-stack. In this case, the antenna should not stick out more than 60 centimetres above the highest part of the roof, or above the highest part of the chimney stack, whichever is lower; and
    • an antenna is not installed on a chimney, wall, or a roof slope which faces onto, and is visible from, a road or a Broads waterway. (If you are not sure, get advice from the local planning authority.)
    Buildings 15 metres high or more

Unless your building is in a designated area, you do not need to apply for planning permission to install a dish or other antenna on your property, as long as:
    • there will be no more than four antennas on the building overall;
    • the size of any antenna is not more than 130 centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and brackets);
    • an antenna fitted onto a chimney stack is not more than 60 centimetres in any linear dimension; and
    • an antenna mounted on the roof does not stick out above the roof more than 300 centimetres above the highest part of the roof.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobyte View Post
    I was looking at the tm 5400CI+Super and 1m motorised package for?209 but now im looking at Dreamboxes !

Silly question but how heavy is a motorised dish & motor ?
    Hi buddy
    They are not heavy really as you put it up in parts mount then motor and the hard part is the dish just do it on a nice day as wind is a bloody pain to hold the dish while your trying to bolt it on
    Cheers
    Cov

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast