Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roystheboy View Post
    hi what size dish do I need for the sat Sirius I am down in South Wales thanks take care
    Hi. For the Welsh valleys i would have thought a 80cm dish should be ok . If you have a motor then its probably best to have a 1m - 1.2m to guard against those Welsh winds and storms etc.....

Take care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi thanks so you recon a 1.2mtre dish would be fine for me in South Wales for the Sat Sirius and Viasat channels ,I got to make my mind up quick because a engineer wants to order one for me in the morning ,at a cost of ?250 fitted I dont mind that as long as will work ,hope you can confirm for me cheers take care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I already got a 1.0 mtre dish it works fine at 11.30 in the day but about 5.oclock in the evening it breaks up and I lose the picture ,thats my problem cheers take care

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hi. To be honest i dont think its going to make much difference if you have a 1.2m dish. Reason for you losing the channel(s) is that the satellite may be reducing the output power at certain times and you lose coverage in Wales. On that basis i personally would not spend 250 pounds just on a dish with no guarantees. Why dont you wait a few days and see if you get any feedback from members who receive VIASAT channels. You certainly dont want to spend 250 pounds for nothing.
    Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I already got a 1.0 mtre dish it works fine at 11.30 in the day but about 5.oclock in the evening it breaks up and I lose the picture ,thats my problem cheers take care
    Is this definately a signal issue??? mine was doing a similar thing on 28.2east i later found out threw various forums that it was a peak time for server and that my supplier at time had over subscribed to customers on his server

Just a theory there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys thats a great help ,still not sure what to do though dont think its the server as I get all channel on other Sats ,I would really get this dish if it worked around the clock thanks again take care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Thanks guys thats a great help ,still not sure what to do though dont think its the server as I get all channel on other Sats ,I would really get this dish if it worked around the clock thanks again take care

whats the big need for the viasat channels anyway? since they stopped the 3pm,s theres only 1 game on sat anyway. you must also realise that a 1.2m dish is very heavy and will probably require a 36v motor/polar mount aswell as a heavy duty wall mount as i know from experience that a usals motor struggles with such a big dish. what type of dish has your installer suggested as if its anything other than a gibertini or andrew then its probably not going to be worth it as when recieving out of footprint birds then they usually suffer from really bad rain fade. try a inverto black ultra lnb first as they are only a tenner and they should give you a extra 1db of signal on weak txp,s on the nordic beams of sirius although the nordic beams also vary in signal strength ive found,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Which is why i said dont waste 250 pounds on something that may not resolve the problem anyway.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello thanks again I got a 1.0 channel master dish and the installer said he would replace it with a 1.2 channel master ,and he hasnt come yet LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi and where would I get a LNB like you said thanks again

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

ebay...............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi and how is it fitted does it go as close as it can to the dish or is it set right back to the clamp thanks take care

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Mines in middle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi and is there an increase of signal

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

hi and is there an increase of signal

If you have a Channel master 1m then i would assume you also have the matched feedhorn to go with it as this is the best solution rather than going with a Black ultra LNBF, if you do have the matched feedhorn then you could try a Black Pro C120 which is slightly better specced than the Black Ultra but which is made for CM's and Gibertini 1.2's.

f you are using a standard LNBF then go with the Black Ultra which has a very long neck and is ideal for adjusting the focal lengh to match your dish.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast