Register
Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so, the transistor change might or might not work?? is there permanent solution?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kasp. View Post
    so, the transistor change might or might not work?? is there permanent solution?
    Rebuilt? ?500+VAT in UK, or 500Euro on continent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the information I have seen sofar is correct and the original mosfet has # 44n25 than it is a fet that can dissipate a power of up to or around 300w. The original fet is mounted directly to the pump lid. This way it will loose a lot of its heat. In addition to this the lid is cooled using its own fuel underneath in the housing thus all together a very good cooling is quaranteed.
    Fet replacement should work as long as you are able to fix it in such a way that it can loose its heat. Whether the IRFZ44n (power dissipation 94W) is a good replacement I do not know. I also do not know if the way it is shown to rebuild is correct, I have got a lot of questions still myself. Currently I am investigating if IRL 2505 would be better. It has higher current features as own power dissipation (200W) . Anyway no matter what you choose it will at least have to have a proper way of cooling (my modest opnion).
    succes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello,

what kind off software do you use for testing the pump on you testbench ? is it something you sell to ?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bij de Hommel View Post
    If the information I have seen sofar is correct and the original mosfet has # 44n25 than it is a fet that can dissipate a power of up to or around 300w. The original fet is mounted directly to the pump lid. This way it will loose a lot of its heat. In addition to this the lid is cooled using its own fuel underneath in the housing thus all together a very good cooling is quaranteed.
    Fet replacement should work as long as you are able to fix it in such a way that it can loose its heat. Whether the IRFZ44n (power dissipation 94W) is a good replacement I do not know. I also do not know if the way it is shown to rebuild is correct, I have got a lot of questions still myself. Currently I am investigating if IRL 2505 would be better. It has higher current features as own power dissipation (200W) . Anyway no matter what you choose it will at least have to have a proper way of cooling (my modest opnion).
    succes
    As I said previously, use the following product to ensure heat transfer and electrical connection to drain.
    RS | Workshop Consumables | Adhesives, Sealants and Tapes | PCB Compounds and Adhesives | Silver Loaded Epoxy Adhesive

Good stuff for many applications.
    The original author of Siemens Simtec 70/71, Delco HSFI-2.X and Audi Multitronic repair instructions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yo
    sorry nooob
    help needed please!
    been burning my head out trying to sort a wired fault on my focus di 01
    I think it's the vp-30 ?????
    the car starts fine from cold runs without a prob for 5min after this point the car starts miss firing and cuts out (coil light on)
    this is wired part after repated restarts eventully the temp gauge hits the half way mark the car runs fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

have tried getting any fault codes?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Hi, why irfz48 doesnt good ? tatasheet is similar irfz44n ????

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a change to change a software in the pump. I mean if there is a chance to fit pump from opel to lets say bmw?
    I know there are pumps communicating via k-line and via can. A6 is a can and A4 is K-line even with the same engine AKE. For the future is there any chance to adaptate one to another?
    PS if someone need I have a complette VP44 for a4 04 180bhp, AKE engine. I got it for allroad but as I was saying a6's have can communication a4 k-line.
    Many thanks for interest

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Hi
    The day before yesterday I have in the garage an Opel Astra G 2.0 DTH engine pump vp44, trouble code 1630, I found and changed the faulty transistor with a new IRFZ44N engine started, going well at idle but is not accelerating more than 1300 rpm.Yesterday an BMW E46 320d she had the same problem the same result .What is wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

did you use the same transistor before?
    in my opinion there is not enough powerfull.
    in the morning I'll check my own one and I'll let you know
    Cheers

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yarecky3 View Post
    did you use the same transistor before?
    in my opinion there is not enough powerfull.
    in the morning I'll check my own one and I'll let you know
    Cheers
    Yes I use irfz44n for both pumps,for BMW pump I try with 2 tranzistors from dyferent manufacturer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so, 1630 is wrong mechanics, not electronics!!! For example Opel - code 1631 or 1651 is wrong electronics / code 1630 or 1650 is wrong mechanics, so if you changed tranzistor, you have good elektronics, which you can use on another mechanics...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zero_cool View Post
    so, 1630 is wrong mechanics, not electronics!!! For example Opel - code 1631 or 1651 is wrong electronics / code 1630 or 1650 is wrong mechanics, so if you changed tranzistor, you have good elektronics, which you can use on another mechanics...
    Before repairing edc unit the motor dont start,after he start and run perfect at idle but dont accelerate more than 1300 rpm, so mechanics is ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had this problem,that don?t accelerate more than 1100 rpm, I changed mechanics and all was OK.

Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast