Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Don t waist time ,change module .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's rare dodge version for my area, too long/expensive to exchange.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Default 90 Hp or 125 Hp ??

hi friends
    i have this informations i need to know how to identify that is this module for 90 Hp or 125 Hp ???
    any help may be another software or something from serial number ???
    any help willl be great .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DON'T FORGET TO USE BUTTONS BELOW REP & THANKS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for share

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toyota123 View Post
    hi friends
    i have this informations i need to know how to identify that is this module for 90 Hp or 125 Hp ???
    any help may be another software or something fromw bl serial number ???
    any help willl be great .

any advice !???
    DON'T FORGET TO USE BUTTONS BELOW REP & THANKS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

What current does the vp44 consume?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

150 mA on the bench , more on the car

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TR0UBLESH00TER For This Useful Post:

SERBAN 70 (4th July, 2023), ziomski (20th June, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a 6 liter Volvo D6B with a VP44 injection pump in my small truck. The original injection pump died a few years ago, and was replaced, but now I have problems again with the refurbished replacement pump. During a ride it suddenly did not respond to the accelerator pedal. Engine starts directly, but only runs at a rough and low (about 500 rpm) idle, nothing more. I believe it doesn't fire all cylinders. Neither the accelerator pedal or "increased idle to run hydraulics" makes any difference. Same if I hot-wire the pump connecting only +24V and ground (except my in vehicle display say "Faulty engine, STOP"). I measured the low idle select pin on the pump while engine was idling and found almost 24V, tried to connect it to both +24 and ground, but got no change in idle speed.

My conclusion is both the engine ECU and the pump controller are alive and talk to each other, but for some reason the pump controller is unhappy, maybe it doesn't realize the engine is started... I have exchanged fuel filters, and have a good flow when I run the de-aeration cycle by pressing the accelerator pedal to the floor when I switch on the ignition key. But neither the ECU, nor the low idle select pin seems to be able to affect the rough idling.

Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunfra View Post
    У меня в маленьком грузовике Volvo D6B 6 литров с ТНВД VP44. Оригинальный ТНВД умер несколько лет назад и был заменен, но теперь у меня снова проблемы с отремонтированным сменным насосом. Во время поездки он внезапно перестал реагировать на педаль акселератора. Двигатель заводится напрямую, но работает только на неровных и низких (около 500 об/мин) холостых оборотах, не более того. Я так понимаю, что не все цилиндры работают. Ни педаль акселератора, ни «увеличение холостого хода для работы гидравлики» не имеют никакого значения. То же самое, если я подключил насос, соединяющий только + 24 В и землю (за исключением того, что на дисплее автомобиля написано «Неисправный двигатель, СТОП»). Я измерил штифт выбора низкого холостого хода на насосе, когда двигатель работал на холостом ходу, и нашел почти 24 В, попытался подключить его и к +24, и к земле, но не получил никаких изменений в холостом ходу.

Мой вывод - и ЭБУ двигателя, и контроллер насоса живы и разговаривают друг с другом, но контроллер насоса почему-то недоволен, возможно, он не понимает, что двигатель запущен ... Я поменял топливные фильтры, и хороший поток, когда я запускаю цикл деаэрации, нажимая педаль акселератора до пола, когда я включаю ключ зажигания. Но ни ECU, ни штифт выбора низкого холостого хода, похоже, не могут повлиять на неровный холостой ход.

Есть идеи?
    open the cover of the PSG and carefully look at the transistor, it may have come off the substrate. This happened several times on the Audi. it can start and run at low speeds. be sure to clean the tank and change the filter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SERBAN 70 For This Useful Post:

gunfra (4th July, 2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Good afternoon! Don’t even think about touching the bank 7805 when the psg5 is connected to the table!!!!! I clicked on it and got 01318, which cannot be erased. The speed sensor and CAN transceiver also burned out. Be very careful!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I had a few with shorted in-out 7805 , replaced and worked ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Peter and I have a Ford Transit 2001 motorhome that I purchased with issues (loss of power).

Engine starts fine and is driveable but lacks of power (max 3000rpm and top speed 120km/h + slow acceleration).

I have replaced timing solenoid on the VP44 pump as it´s common issue, but fault code is P1664 "injection pump control module malfunction" and P1564 "pump control module requesting reduced fuelling" is still present (not able to erase) and symptom is same. I also checked power and ground supply for the module.

Measured both timing solenoid incl wiring to 5,7ohm and meetering valve incl wiring to 0,5ohm.

I send the pump control module to get checked and repaired as it looks like the transistor is faulty when reading online, control unit shows signes of being opened/repaired before.
    FORD PSG5 Bosch 0281001740 (atech2.se)

I received the control unit back with result that it was working properly during testing both hot/cold and during vibration tests. They also don´t want to open as it looks like it has been repaired before.

I opened the unit and surprisingly enough the transistor was not replaced even though the unit was obviously opened before as sign of re-glue was seen.
    I checked the transistor legs and they all looks ok and also the transistor have not come loose from the circut board.
    IMG_0776.jpg
    Reading this thread I see that you are experanced in these repairs and thought that you might be able to help or point me in the right direction.

Would really appreciate any kind of assistance.
    Thanks,
    Peter
    Last edited by Warhner; 14th January, 2024 at 01:53 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What kind of soldering you use??? I’ve try during 2 hours and without success ��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Solder Alusol for aluminium.