Thanked in
    0 Posts

new to this hope to pick up as much info as i can with getting tech

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    All rom files go in /var/scce and all key files go in /var/keys.

The rom files will end with .bin. It's probably a good idea to put them in /var/keys and /var/scce to be safe.

All other files, i.e. Keylist.txt, Autoroll.key, camd_cfg, Softcam.key, Autoupdate.key, etc. these go in the /var/keys folder.

Once you've got the files in the right folders, go to sky sports 1 then restart the EMU....there's usually an option in the blue button menu. Give it a few minutes and see if it auto updates the keys and the channels should come on.
    I've done all this but SS1 when it comes on is very jumpy and the audio squeaks!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
    I've done all this but SS1 when it comes on is very jumpy and the audio squeaks!!
    If you have got a dm500 than go into setup > system settings and untick 'fast zapping' this hopefully might fix your audio. If your box is freezing intermittently than try loading a different cam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curious123 View Post
    If you have got a dm500 than go into setup > system settings and untick 'fast zapping' this hopefully might fix your audio. If your box is freezing intermittently than try loading a different cam.
    I have a Nokia Dbox2 and it's driving me insane. I've tried different cams etc all to no avail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know if the Lakys image comes with all relevant files or if i still have some tinkering to do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djdbg View Post
    Does anyone know if the Lakys image comes with all relevant files or if i still have some tinkering to do?
    youve still got some tinkering to do ,not much mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand how this all works now, but where do you get the keys/cams from etc. I used to use Dbox2all the time now I have 4 of them sat doing nothing in my cupboard as im using starview PVR as you dont need to do anything to get it working to see all channels. Got cable points in all my rooms now, so would be nice to get my doxes working again....Commando 6 was what I used to have on them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the great info.
    I've just registered. Can anyone point me in the right direction, i what to know how i can auto update the keys for my sagem dbox2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    There are two types of channel that are sent out by the cable company; FTA (free-to-air) and encrypted.

Free-to-air channels are basically freeview channels. You don't need to subscribe to a package to get these channels. If you use an image without an emu or keys you would still get these channels.

Encrypted channels are channels that the cable company want you to pay for. These channels are encrypted before being sent out and normally you would pay the cable company for a smartcard which you would slot into your recevicer and this will allow you to receive the encrypted channels. It's kinda like when you buy software and you get a key with it. You won't be able to use the software without knowing the key.

Keys are also included in the cable stream. Normally your digital smartcard will extract the keys from the stream and store them in memory. It would then use these keys to decrypt the channels when you flick through them. Since we don't use a smartcard with a dbox we need something else to decrypt the channels. This is where the softcam (also known as a cam or emulator (emu)) comes in. The box or image itself doesn't know what to do with the keys, it's the softcam that grabs the keys from the stream and stores them in a file (keylist.txt, Autoroll.key, Autoupdate.key). If the keys are changed by the cable company the softcam will update the keys stored in the file.

The enctytion that the cable company usesis called Nagra1. So we also need to include nagra rom files in our images. These go in /var/scce and /var/keys.

There are several different softcams that we can use; evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd & gbox. It doesn't really matter what one you use, they all do the same thing. Some emu won't work in certain areas or on certain providers so it's good there are alternatives. The emu can also cause problems with direct recording over ethernet so if you have a blocky recording, try changing the emu or the tuner driver.

ucode.bin do i need to replace that??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the usefull info:

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I have changed from a dbox to a dreambox. I knew where everything was on that but in the dreambox im struggling to see where i set cams as there doesnt appear to be any in the list when i go into the blue panel. please help.
    I have manually sent the keylist.txt to the keys folder this hasn't helped. I am wondering if it is still set to decode channel via the card rather than software and if maybe this is the problem, can anyone advise where i set this? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have put the blade quad in and looked for keylist.txt but cannot find it.
    Does anyone know why please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers devilfish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

many thanks for this sticky

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast