Keys, SoftCams and Emulators (EMU) - Page 3
Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guy's I am fairly new to all of this and still having problems getting my DM 800 to read these so called keys. I have created a directory within /var named keys and ftp'd nagrarom7 in it, restarted the dreambox and when i tryed to select certain channels other than free view i could not load then to view. I then telnets onto the dream box cd into /var an the keys directory has been deleted. So i created a scce directory instead and ftp'd nagrarom7 into it restarted the dreambox an this has also been deleted. Any ideas

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Harpo,

I had a similar problem. check your camd settings and if they are still set to common interface. You need to download new cams off the gemini server.

start by pressing blue button. it says at top what camd. If already evocamd try restarting the camd (green). If not go into camd settings (1) and reload the list. If there is only common interface you need to download evocamd.

Let me know and I will tell you how.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What mode does the Dreambox need to be in to view the camd stuff? If i select the blue button it displays as a heading Input Then Please choose an extension, and an option sleep timer.

I cannot seem to get into settings etc pressing any of the coloured buttons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

D/F, I have read somewhere in here that I can connect my Nokia Digibox to the cable for my Broadband then it will work on my box. Is that correct ??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im new to all this ive put new keys in came on went back of in about hour thank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I`ve just loaded latest rom image nagrarom7 but when I searched for my location it wasn`t there so I put in the closest ntl to me? I get all the channel info with the unlock key but no channels at all????? coming thro... do I need to put in the exact services xml ?
    (which I happen to know the relevant nos ) if so where and how do I put these in ? & also where can I d/l a full sevices xml file ( incidently my xml address for my area has just changed on the 29/11/08 I wondering how important that is ? I`ve also noticed that my keys txt file is no longer there is that important? I thought by flashing latest image was all there was to ?obviously not
    thanks for any help you guys .......sexymax (nuby)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile thanks for explaination

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    There are two types of channel that are sent out by the cable company; FTA (free-to-air) and encrypted.

Free-to-air channels are basically freeview channels. You don't need to subscribe to a package to get these channels. If you use an image without an emu or keys you would still get these channels.

Encrypted channels are channels that the cable company want you to pay for. These channels are encrypted before being sent out and normally you would pay the cable company for a smartcard which you would slot into your recevicer and this will allow you to receive the encrypted channels. It's kinda like when you buy software and you get a key with it. You won't be able to use the software without knowing the key.

Keys are also included in the cable stream. Normally your digital smartcard will extract the keys from the stream and store them in memory. It would then use these keys to decrypt the channels when you flick through them. Since we don't use a smartcard with a dbox we need something else to decrypt the channels. This is where the softcam (also known as a cam or emulator (emu)) comes in. The box or image itself doesn't know what to do with the keys, it's the softcam that grabs the keys from the stream and stores them in a file (keylist.txt, Autoroll.key, Autoupdate.key). If the keys are changed by the cable company the softcam will update the keys stored in the file.

The enctytion that the cable company usesis called Nagra1. So we also need to include nagra rom files in our images. These go in /var/scce and /var/keys.

There are several different softcams that we can use; evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd & gbox. It doesn't really matter what one you use, they all do the same thing. Some emu won't work in certain areas or on certain providers so it's good there are alternatives. The emu can also cause problems with direct recording over ethernet so if you have a blocky recording, try changing the emu or the tuner driver.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi is your latest blade trinity image comanda 9.25 and do it have the new 7rom in it as i am looking out 4 it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank m8 now how to make keys in to a rom or update a rom just to play with some boxs have 7/10/11/rom on it 7 is the new one this time but for how long !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just installed the Lukys stylas image on my d-box2, installed the update key, after reboot the softcam file still 0, no other channel. need help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have used the key updater by Winker and sent the "tw 04.12.08" keys to the box. All of the Fta channels are working yet none of the encrypted ones. What other files do I need to add? Oh and I have transfered the nagrom7.bin file to the /var/keys folder and disabled all rom except 7.

Pleasse help a desperate man

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Download the files from here...

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/169555753/new_roms.rar
    Put them in /var/keys, go to sky sports 1 and reboot the box.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the nagrarom goes into var/scce not keys...

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

On a dbox2 they go in /var/keys.

The /var/scce folder is actually a symlink to /var/keys.

On a dreambox or satellite image the roms always go in /var/scce.
    Get Digital Kaos on your Apple or Android device with Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast