Keys, SoftCams and Emulators (EMU) - Page 8
Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm I missing something? What are you guys thanking about?

I also have just lost all channels. Anyone give any advice? suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile how to put nagra 3 on eurovax blue

Hi Devifish:
    How do i put nagra 3 on eurovaxblue please help me. this days they stop giving asian and movie channels to watch.your advise are apriceates.
    Thanks. ilyas.
    help:
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    There are two types of channel that are sent out by the cable company; FTA (free-to-air) and encrypted.

Free-to-air channels are basically freeview channels. You don't need to subscribe to a package to get these channels. If you use an image without an emu or keys you would still get these channels.

Encrypted channels are channels that the cable company want you to pay for. These channels are encrypted before being sent out and normally you would pay the cable company for a smartcard which you would slot into your recevicer and this will allow you to receive the encrypted channels. It's kinda like when you buy software and you get a key with it. You won't be able to use the software without knowing the key.

Keys are also included in the cable stream. Normally your digital smartcard will extract the keys from the stream and store them in memory. It would then use these keys to decrypt the channels when you flick through them. Since we don't use a smartcard with a dbox we need something else to decrypt the channels. This is where the softcam (also known as a cam or emulator (emu)) comes in. The box or image itself doesn't know what to do with the keys, it's the softcam that grabs the keys from the stream and stores them in a file (keylist.txt, Autoroll.key, Autoupdate.key). If the keys are changed by the cable company the softcam will update the keys stored in the file.

The enctytion that the cable company usesis called Nagra1. So we also need to include nagra rom files in our images. These go in /var/scce and /var/keys.

There are several different softcams that we can use; evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd & gbox. It doesn't really matter what one you use, they all do the same thing. Some emu won't work in certain areas or on certain providers so it's good there are alternatives. The emu can also cause problems with direct recording over ethernet so if you have a blocky recording, try changing the emu or the tuner driver.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys, i am new here as i am new in the DB500s i just get
    trying to understand how i shall start
    thanks for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woah! Getting too technical for an old fart like me. Have just flashed commando 12 and am getting no where. Any idiots guides out there that I might find help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi, i want to know my set was install with softcam but recently when cable company is doing key updating, 500c was uable to detect the Encrypted update.

want to know why it cause it to happen ??

kindly new on softcam stuff.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where are you? : http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...-3-faq-105985/

read that then check the thread with where u are. If your area is N3 it's over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

not yet N3.. just tht they change the method of roll...
    but the cam was unable to detect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi I am new to this Dreamworld. I'm using CCcam 2.1.4 in gemini image. is that sufficient for all pay channels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N3

Quote Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
    There are two types of channel that are sent out by the cable company; FTA (free-to-air) and encrypted.

Free-to-air channels are basically freeview channels. You don't need to subscribe to a package to get these channels. If you use an image without an emu or keys you would still get these channels.

Encrypted channels are channels that the cable company want you to pay for. These channels are encrypted before being sent out and normally you would pay the cable company for a smartcard which you would slot into your recevicer and this will allow you to receive the encrypted channels. It's kinda like when you buy software and you get a key with it. You won't be able to use the software without knowing the key.

Keys are also included in the cable stream. Normally your digital smartcard will extract the keys from the stream and store them in memory. It would then use these keys to decrypt the channels when you flick through them. Since we don't use a smartcard with a dbox we need something else to decrypt the channels. This is where the softcam (also known as a cam or emulator (emu)) comes in. The box or image itself doesn't know what to do with the keys, it's the softcam that grabs the keys from the stream and stores them in a file (keylist.txt, Autoroll.key, Autoupdate.key). If the keys are changed by the cable company the softcam will update the keys stored in the file.

The enctytion that the cable company usesis called Nagra1. So we also need to include nagra rom files in our images. These go in /var/scce and /var/keys.

There are several different softcams that we can use; evocamd, mgcamd, newcamd & gbox. It doesn't really matter what one you use, they all do the same thing. Some emu won't work in certain areas or on certain providers so it's good there are alternatives. The emu can also cause problems with direct recording over ethernet so if you have a blocky recording, try changing the emu or the tuner driver.
    I've had a DB*X2 for years as well as a legitimate subscription too, and have had a lot of fun with it. I still use it for streaming to HD the channels I can get.

I'm keeping it in the hope that someone will write a new ROM file for the N3 syste3m that Vermin are using. I can still scan all channels but they all come up as "UNKNOWN PROVIDER". hopefully some bright spark will write EvoCAM+ or "EvoCAM on steroids" for c**le b**es - i'm sure it is just a matter of time really.

I'm not holding my breath but lets be honest N2 was given to us it is not going to be long before money enters the equation and someone's greed gene gets the better of them. Everything created by man can be reverse engineered. It is arrogant to suggest otherwise, although admitedly extremely difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for answering a question that has been in my mind since the start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How can i uploading a virgin dbox2 with these keys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi is any 1 out there willing to help me i will donate to website owner 5 or 10 pounds i have got the dbox 2 been switched off for ages dont know how long now today i got virgin media and decided to use that box but all the channels were off well i did scan and i found 490 in total and i can get freeview channels but i cant get channels like discovery and all others does any 1 know what to do to get those channels as well please i am willing to pay for it if thats the case.

And also please tell me the risk of unlocking those channels as well. Will i get in to trouble for that As i have just started with virgin media today basic package 30 mb broadband.
    Last edited by koihai; 17th May, 2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: need more information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koihai View Post
    hi is any 1 out there willing to help me i will donate to website owner 5 or 10 pounds i have got the dbox 2 been switched off for ages dont know how long now today i got virgin media and decided to use that box but all the channels were off well i did scan and i found 490 in total and i can get freeview channels but i cant get channels like discovery and all others does any 1 know what to do to get those channels as well please i am willing to pay for it if thats the case.

And also please tell me the risk of unlocking those channels as well. Will i get in to trouble for that As i have just started with virgin media today basic package 30 mb broadband.
    its all over no cams keys available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any other way to make it work thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koihai View Post
    Any other way to make it work thanks.